Proposal to change venues

Dockers meets in the NAB building at Melbourne Docklands every Thursday night.
prd1982

Re: Proposal to change venues

Postby prd1982 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:11 pm

FWIW, Paul and I are going to be at GamesLab at around 6pm today.

If Dan wants to play Historia again, he'll have to come to GamesLab! ;)

Gavin

Postby Gavin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Where will people be tonight?

carlos

Postby carlos » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:07 pm

noticed a new venue has started may I'm happy to try it if we can get a party of 4 or 5 organized, in North Fitzroy, Gate keeper games.

crikeythecat

Postby crikeythecat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:34 pm

carlos wrote:noticed a new venue has started may I'm happy to try it if we can get a party of 4 or 5 organized, in North Fitzroy, Gate keeper games.

I don't think its open yet (supposed to open end of Feb).
Address will be :323-327 St Georges Rd Fitzroy North.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/17999379#17999379

I am intrigued from their BGG polls and discussions - however not 100% convinced its suitable for the Dockers regulars given we are not all from the Northern Suburbs and Fitzroy isn't particularly great for public transport for people not from that area .....although its about 500m from Dans house so I'm sure he'll be up for a venue change!!!!

Gavin

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:19 am

Yeah, it may be a great venue, however too inconvenient for me to get to/from by PT.

carlos

Postby carlos » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 pm

I don't make it down to Good games very often coz it means leaving mine 4:30 and getting home after midnight, but I guess it's most central for everyone. Doesn't sound like the other spot is ready yet anyway.

Lucky

Postby Lucky » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Last Thursday night Good Games closed early at 10pm. I don’t usually stay till closing time, but others had mentioned that this is happening regularly now and maybe we should consider changing venues again.

One thing I have noticed is that occasionally at 6pm when people start to arrive there are no free tables and we have to stand around until one becomes available.

From my own perspective, I have attended for the last few months and the thing I enjoy about Dockers is that often since only a few of us supply games, unlike other clubs if I bring games along I am almost certain to get some of them played. Just means I have to teach them which I don’t mind at all. However I have noticed that many of the new faces that attend don’t return, so I am guessing they are voting with their feet about the venue and choosing to attend one of the other CBD options with a better venue/facilities.

Games Lab to me is a much better venue, if it is still available and would be my choice.

Thoughts?

prd1982

Postby prd1982 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:51 pm

FWIW: Stompy, Trev, and I (and others) are still meeting fortnightly on Wednesdays at GamesLab. We typically go from about 6pm-1030pm. It's often pretty busy at 6pm, but we've always managed to find table space.

The Dockers crowd is always welcome to join us!

crikeythecat

Postby crikeythecat » Sun May 01, 2016 11:52 am

I dont know whats going on at Good Games lately. The previous 2 weeks have shut early, and then last Thursday we stayed until 11:30 and they didnt kick us out at the end - it was still going......I just dont know.

Without doubt Games Lab is the better venue aesthetically, but in our trial there that shut early each occasion AND made us change levels mid-game, which made it pretty un-practical.

How has Games Lab been on a Wednesday for you? Are they kicking you out at 10:30 or is that just when you finish up.

prd1982

Postby prd1982 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:42 pm

GamesLab has been fine for us.

We usually finish by around 10.30 anyways, so it hasn't been a problem -- we don't play fillers, just one or two full length games.

Last time I was there, two weeks ago, they were doing a bit of renovations (expanding the main floor, I think).

crikeythecat

Postby crikeythecat » Sat May 07, 2016 11:33 am

The regular staff were back and Dockers was another 11:30 finish with no signs of closing again this week.

Im not sure dropping fillers would help too much for some of the longer games - and even if it did I doubt we could regularly start anything until a least 6:30 by the time we all arrive.
Both Star Wars Rebellion (last week) and Core Worlds (this week) took the whole night to 11:30 and that was without rules explanations for either.

Intrigued they are renovating Games Lab - its already pretty good.

Return to “Gamers@Dockers”