Go west, young gamer... to the monthly Werbrary Games.

Backgammon, chess, bridge etc.
KonradwithaK

Re: Go west, young gamer... to the monthly Werbrary Games.

Postby KonradwithaK » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:16 am

Yes, it's on again this Saturday, 27/9, Werribee Library, 10 - 3.30.

And, arrrgh, it bein' Talk Like a Pirate Day month, even a week late, I reckon, mateys, that this week's session b given over to all sorts of piratey games - no, ye scurvy scalliwags, not purloined propriet'ry plunder, actual games about pirates (gen'rally the Caribbean variety). To that end, I'll be providin' the likes of Rum and Pirates, Pirates' Cove, and Pirate Fluxx. Even Firefly: the Game be a bit piratish, innit?
O' course, twould be cruel to have ye walkin' the plank if you're light on in the way of provisions (ye have no pirate games, or feel disinclined to play such), so bring wot ye will anyway, and we'll all have a rousin' time no matter wot.

Hope to see you Saturday, runnin' fair and true before the wind.

crikeythecat

Postby crikeythecat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 pm

And for anybody who might be interested in the West, they have recently started a Street Food and Board Games night at The Park Hotel http://theparkhotel.net.au/ on Tuesday nights.
It seems likely to be social gaming more than anything else, but there is no reason you cant bring along your favourites.
Apparently the food is great on Tuesdays and I can vouch that the beer menu is extensive and awesome :D

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:55 pm

It's not Halloween til next week, but it reminds me of the Ticket to Ride jack-o-lantern carraiges that Days of Wonder produced for the game a couple of years ago. Would be a good time to bring them out on Saturday, at the next instalment of the Werbrary Gamers. I suppose it's also a good day for the likes of Arkham Horror, or zombies roaming the room.

Bring what you like, or see what everyone else has, but come to the Werribee Library, Watton Street, 10-3.30, 25/10, and play a game or three. There's no Grand Final this month.
:D

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:32 am

Last chance to give a late reminder for the last Werbrary Games of the year, tomorrow, 10-3.30 as usual, at the Werribee Library.

Please feel free to bring your usual games if you like, but tomorrow is our contribution to the library's participation in the International Games in the Library Day. That just means the library organises for people to play games on the day, and technically that day was last week (and there was a small turn up at the Point Cook library). However, it is allowed to be counted up to a week after the official day, and we've got the game playing thing down pat.

In many ways, there won't be a lot of difference to any other month's session, but on the chance that we can get more of the usual library patrons joining in, I will be bringing and playing a collection of light, quick, easy to pick up (and put down), catchy basic games. Please feel free to assist at any time.

'But what about next month', I hear souls crying in dismay? Alas, the overbearing nature of public (and personal) holidays in December (and January) means that we will be taking our usual summer break, until February. Hope you've been enjoying playing this year. It's been great to have new players coming throughout the year.

We look forward to seeing you all again in Feb, and may we expand even more in 2015.

K Soper

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:20 pm

OK, everyone, break's over, back to -- playing. In the Werribee Library, 4th Saturday of the month. Which means, next session is Saturday, 28/2, 10 - 3.30, Werribee Library, Watton Street, Werribee.

There are lots of new games out since Essen and the end of last year, and they're all pretty good so far. As are plenty of 'old' or 'classic' games. So bring what you want, or just show up, there will be plenty to do, and good company, too.

Advance notice: although the '4th Saturday of the month' is usual, this year two events will interrupt the schedule:
25/4 is Anzac Day, and the library will be closed for the respect and public holiday. No Werbrary Games that day, tho nothing to stop people gathering at nearby homes or other venues perhaps. Perhaps a nice game of Terra Mystica or Agricola at the pub, after two-upping?

23/5 is the date for this year's Gaming in the Meadows, to be held at the Laverton Bowls club, running from 10am til very late at night. Think of it as an extended session of Werbrary Games in a different West Melbourne location. With more people, more space, and more (and longer) games.
Nothing has been decided at this time whether to completely abandon Werbrary Games in favour of GITM on the 23rd, or to run WG anyway, for those who are not going to GITM for some reason. Indicating your preference here could help make a decision.

The rest of the year should run as usual, as far as I know now.

Look forward to seeing you on the 28th. :)

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 am

Just a reminder - this is the week: Werbrary Games is on in the Werribee Library, Watton Street, Werribee, from 10 - 3.30, 28/3.
And with only a week to go til Easter (don't forget Bunnycon at the EuroGames Fest venue, Mount Waverley, over the Easter weekend), far be it from me to suggest a game of Killer Bunnies, or any other game with rabbits (original Dixit had reeples, any others?), eggs, chicks, chocs, or any other Easter related themes/bits. ;)
[Bunnies are anathema in Australia. Should there be a game about the Easter Bilby? What would the game be? Please discuss]

Reminder: There will be no Werbrary Games in April because the library will be closed for Anzac Day.

Reminder: There will be Gaming in the Meadows on 23d May at the Laverton Bowls Club. And there will also be Werbrary Games as usual, mainly for anyone who isn't going to GitM or who doesn't know about GitM, particularly first-timers to W Games (thank you, Rachel (Avatrix), for volunteering to supervise on the day).

See you Saturday.
Cheers,
Konrad

crikeythecat

Postby crikeythecat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 pm

KonradwithaK wrote:far be it from me to suggest a game of Killer Bunnies

The kids have been demanding we play this all week.

Unfortunately they have a kids birthday Saturday arvo.

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Ah, but look at all the extra time over Easter. :lol:

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Sat May 23, 2015 10:25 am

A quick (and late :( ) reminder: Werbrary Games, i.e. games at the Werribee Library, 10-3.30) is on today, for anyone who doesn't want to go to Gaming in the Meadows, can't make it to GitM, just wants to find out about games, etc., etc. Thanks again to Rachel.

Otherwise, there is a full day and evening of gaming goodness in, yes, 'the meadows' of Laverton, or the Laverton Bowls Club, to be precise. All starting at 10am, running til late.
What a day!

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:20 am

:smt006 Crack! Pop! Creak!
No, not some crunchy new breakfast cereal, nor even a game about a CNBC, just me flexing my fingers again to inform you that the Werbrary Games continue to occur on the 4th Saturday of the month, which means that tomorrow another serve will be spread before you from 10am - 3.30pm. More satisfying and better for you than a CNBC, too. No sugar, but plenty of energy.
Hope we see you at the Werribee Library - bring your best game(s).

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Another month rolls around to that time again: Time for fun and games at the Weribee Library, aka Werbrary Games. And that time again, if you haven't already heard, is this Saturday, 24th October, from 10am - 3.30pm (Watton Street, Werribee).
Look forward to seeing you.

And just a heads up, next month is November, which for the past three years has included the International Games in the Library Day. Be on the lookout for more information about the 2015 day coming your way soon.
Cheers,
Konrad

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:45 am

Another (last minute) reminder that Werbrary Games is on, tomorrow, 28/11, in the Werribee Library, Watton Street, Werribee, 10am - 3.30pm.

Unfortunately the International Games in the Library event did not get organised this year, so it will be just be an ordinary monthly session for us.
Well, not quite so ordinary. This will be our traditional final session for the year, particularly as the library will be closed on 26/12 for the Boxing Day public holiday.

I will have some new games released at Essen this year, and also some older games 'enhanced' with additional bits (aka expansions), including Snowdonia (TransAustralia Railway) and Theseus (Humans).

Hope to see you tomorrow morning.
Cheers,
Konrad

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:01 pm

We're back! And so is Werbrary Games, 4th Saturday of every month. That means this Saturday, 27th February, from 10am to 3.30pm, Werribee Library, Watton Street, Werribee.
Note that the March session falls on the Saturday of Easter. As far as I know the library will be open on the day. If you think you will be coming, please let us know so we'll have an idea of numbers.

Hope to see you Saturday.
Konrad (with, the one withaK)

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Werbrary Games got off to a good start for the year on Saturday - good to see everyone, including a couple of new gamers in attendance, and several of our usual players as well.
One thing I learned: Wyndham Libraries, including Werribee, will be closed for the Easter weekend, including Saturday, so there will be no WG in March.
Nothing to stop anyone getting together somewhere else on the day, just not at Werribee Library.

The next Werbrary Games, then, will be the 23rd April. Yes, Anzac Day is on the following Monday, but the library will be open on the 23rd, so if you're in town, come on down.
Cheers,
KS

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:59 am

Hi all, just a quick reminder/confirmation that Webrary Library will be open as usual tomorrow, 23/4, and Werbrary Games will also be on as usual from 10am til 3.30-4.
Looking forward to seeing you there, whether new or previous players. :o
Cheers,
Konrad

Return to “Other Clubs”