'The Jackals' report 15/8/11

Played an interesting game? Let us know how it went.
westgarthworldwide

'The Jackals' report 15/8/11

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:56 am

The Jackals played 2 games this session. A game of Agricola which took most of the night was won by perpetual champion Virginia, with Carlos coming second. Novice players Ben and Gerald came third and fourth respectively.

Then the game was Bohnanza. The winner was Gerald, followed by Carlos, Virginia and then Ben*

Catering for the evening was some vegemite on toast courtesy of Carlos. Gerald was so shocked at this Australian cuisine that he vowed that next week he will be bringing a hamper of fois de gras, rochefort, mountain oysters and a bottle of the best Burgundy.

*My recollection may well be off on this point.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

gerald

Re: 'The Jackals' report 15/8/11

Post by gerald » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:50 am

westgarthworldwide wrote:Then the game was Bohnanza. The winner was Gerald, followed by Carlos, Virginia and then Ben*
*My recollection may well be off on this point.
In fact Carlos and I exactly tied at 20 coins and 5 cards left in hand!
Catering for the evening was some vegemite on toast courtesy of Carlos. Gerald was so shocked at this Australian cuisine that he vowed that next week he will be bringing a hamper of fois de gras, rochefort, mountain oysters and a bottle of the best Burgundy.
Actually, I'm not really French: I don't drink wine! :oops:

Foie gras sounds tempting though...

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 am

In fact Carlos and I exactly tied at 20 coins and 5 cards left in hand!
I wish you had told my poor brain this before I wracked it trying to remember which of you won!
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

carlos

Post by carlos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Gerald was so shocked at this Australian cuisine that he vowed that next week he will be bringing a hamper of fois de gras, rochefort, mountain oysters and a bottle of the best Burgundy.
Well I must be a real Aussie, don't even know what this stuff is, although I heard about Mountain Oysters in NZ, is this what I think it is???.
WG maybe you need to start talking notes
http://www.melbournegamers.com/posting. ... 13&p=13380#
And why don't my smileys ever work???

*My recollection may well be off on this point.[/quote]

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I just remembered that you were pretty pleased with the result (of Bohnanza) so I assumed you had won.

Incidentally I have had a very good result in our search for a permanent home, I'll send you an email shortly.