EGF June 21st

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

westgarthworldwide wrote:He also apparently has issues with people posting images on the forum - it is unfair on the people with slow dial-up connections. Also he finds it 'very annoying'.
Oooh, Oooh, let's all post a message about Julian's "issues". At least I didn't find it "offensive" as others have mentioned finding your images.

J

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 pm

I don't recall anyone telling me they have found anything I've posted 'offensive', and I couldn't see why either.

Of course given the sensitivities of some gamers just about anything might set them off if it is the wrong cycle of the moon.

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Hmmm..... can we have the bitch fight in another forum not EGF's it's not good for business. Maybe a game of Twilight Struggle might be more appropriate. Thx guys......
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

MooseHead

Post by MooseHead » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:47 am

westgarthworldwide wrote:I don't recall anyone telling me they have found anything I've posted 'offensive', and I couldn't see why either.

Of course given the sensitivities of some gamers just about anything might set them off if it is the wrong cycle of the moon.
I Apologize to David for the "B*tch" fight. Every endeavor has been made to avoid such a scenario by actually dealing with the concerns face to face as the opportunity arose.

Fact: I said in person, IRL, I found some of the attachments offensive.
Fact: The issue of attachments was one of "relevance" as also pointed out to the party concerned at the time.

As for my personal identity crisis, well J did have the keen eye which spotted the issue and have no problems with his attention to detail. I do find this personal identity issue to be most amusing. I am certain that J and his endeavors with further studies of a Masters in the English language or something of that sort is well suited given his precision with the language.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Some animal rights campaigner out there might find your avatar, a dead animal's severed head put on display by some modern-primitive he-man with compensation issues, 'offensive'. The relevance to board-gaming is also an issue.

But this question of the missing space is quite serious. Something must be done. Maybe a board of enquiry is called for - I'm sure Julian could be called on to chair.

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Private messages are a great way to directly resolve this. This isn't a popularity contest. Neither side has to convince the rest of us that they're in the right.

jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:45 pm

rjphelan wrote:Private messages are a great way to directly resolve this. This isn't a popularity contest. Neither side has to convince the rest of us that they're in the right.
Awww... Ryan you spoilt sport. I was enjoying this! Cheaper than the movies! :P

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:54 pm

jeff wrote:Awww... Ryan you spoilt sport. I was enjoying this! Cheaper than the movies! :P
As good as this is, we're still a fair way off Godwin's Law; The real benchmark of website success. :D
Uninstalling dictator ... 99% complete ███████████████████████████░ -ERROR-

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:17 pm

This is the worst internet nerd fight I have ever seen.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Mr Skeletor wrote:This is the worst internet nerd fight I have ever seen.
Frank, now you've shown up, you can really show us how it's done!! :)

Make way for the Master!

J

ludo

Post by ludo » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Evening all - for those of us who arrived late and were further delayed getting popcorn and choc-tops, could someone please post a link to the "offensive" images? E and I have been looking everywhere...
When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 pm

If you're looking for images that might offend a 'reasonable person' then I have no idea where they are supposed to be. If you get offended by pictures of goats playing tennis or superman or whatever, then I can only recommend a Bex and a lie down.

I wasn't going to raise Godwin's law, just as I didn't raise Julian's 'issues', because it was just too easy. And I am trying to avoid using the H-word.

PMs are always welcome, I always assumed that if I did step over some line or post something inappropriate the admin would have sent me a curt message if not curtailed my posting privileges.

Also, I might point out that people who are annoyed or angered or on dial-ups might want to consider some other pastime than reading internet chatboards. Possibly you have your settings so arranged that you are emailed several times when someone posts something, you can change your settings under your profile to avoid this.

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Thought I would change the subject to something positive, hope image isn't offensive. This is the latest member of EGF named appropriate, with help from one of my favourite boardgame Taj Mahal, Taj Lewis Fuga.
Attachments
100_2679.jpg
Baby Taj
100_2679.jpg (231.51 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 pm

intheclear wrote:Thought I would change the subject to something positive, hope image isn't offensive. This is the latest member of EGF named appropriate, with help from one of my favourite boardgame Taj Mahal, Taj Lewis Fuga.
What is wrong with "RoboRally Tahuantinsuyu Fuga"? I mean, come on!

Congrats David. However, you're going to have to buy another Loopin' Louie to be a good parent now!

J

gregor

Post by gregor » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 am

Finally, an image worth posting!!

Congrats to you and Kristy (sp?). Fun times ahead!