hayden

Spamming the mailing list

Post by hayden » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:09 am

What's wrong with it?

Spam away; that's what I say.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:38 am

I thought it might be an idea to bring the gaming communities together a little.
We have players at Dockers who don't know about Billabong, guys in the ASL club who don't know about Dockers. And Eurogames Fest attendees who don't know anything about the regular gaming clubs.

The thought that went into creating this forum only came to me after playing Twilight Imperium 3 last night. We were discussing getting a PBEM game going so I set this up as a place to dump the game log... I got carried away!

Ben

Mr Skeletor

Re: Spamming the mailing list

Post by Mr Skeletor » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:10 am

hayden wrote:What's wrong with it?

Spam away; that's what I say.
You'll make Shawn cry.

I actually had a similar idea at one stage but never actually bothered to do it. It's better than the mailing list 'cause you only need to read the shit you want to.

bsmith
Site Admin

Re: Spamming the mailing list

Post by bsmith » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:13 am

Mr Skeletor wrote:hj
I actually had a similar idea at one stage but never actually bothered to do it. It's better than the mailing list 'cause you only need to read the shit you want to.
See us bums are good for something mate :) My retrenchment pay is hard at work!

I just happened to have a spare PC lying around which is also my e-mail server. The domain name I registered a couple of years ago to p*ss off developers. When there's a problem with their application, they *always* blame the database, many many times I've had to say "It's not the f-ing database!!!"

Ben