Joining your gaming sessions

Billabong Boardgamers meet every Tuesday at Amaroo Neighbourhood Centre in Chadstone.
Zot

Joining your gaming sessions

Post by Zot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

Hi,

I'm an avid board gamer and I would like to join your gaming sessions. Are you still gaming at the times and location that is listed on your website?

When is your next gaming session?

Cheers,
Vlado

gerald

Re: Joining your gaming sessions

Post by gerald » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 am

Yep, still gaming furiously!

You may be looking at an outdated website, but rejoice as we play even more: Every Tuesday from 7pm until about 11pm. Same location: Amaroo Neighbourhood Centre in Chadstone (suburb, not shopping centre), the entrance is on Bolwarra St.

Google is your friend: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sour ... 16&iwloc=A

$2 cover the costs; we have tea, coffee and biscuits... -- Though we traditionally waive this $2 for first-timers.

See you next week! :D

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:45 am

gerald wrote:$2 cover the costs; we have tea, coffee and biscuits... -- Though we traditionally waive this $2 for first-timers.
I keep forgetting to put in something into the donation box :p

I'll just say that I've been "first-timing" for weeks ;)

carlos

Post by carlos » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Just pay it all in 1 go, if you can remember how many times you missed.

Joby

Post by Joby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Out of curiosity, what games do you play?
BGG: darkjoby

Zot

Post by Zot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Joby wrote:Out of curiosity, what games do you play?
I play pretty much everything :D

Personal favourites are heavy wargames, but I don't get a chance to play them much these days. I have a group of friends with which I play once a week, and we play mostly eurogames, but we also play "ameritrash" :smt001 , and the odd roleplaying game, table top miniature game, light wargame, or railroad game. Pretty much anything goes, the only requirement is for the game to be fun.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all next week.

Cheers,
Vlado

cyhiew

Post by cyhiew » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

There are some heavy wargamers that go to Dockers or EGF if you are more into those games. I am more a wargamer myself.

Although presently I only have time for the shorter light games like Command and Colours, Combat Commander, any block game. We have had multiplayer games of Here I Stand, Sword of Rome and Napoleonic Wars at EGF.

Cheers
Chee-Yan
Dont Panic !

Joby

Post by Joby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Sorry, I should have clarified that I hi-jacked your thread Zot. :lol: I'm also thinking of dropping by Billabong for the first time (finish work at 8pm though, meaning I wouldn't turn up until about 9).

I was curious to know what games Billabong normally has going on a regular evening.

My collection is currently heading towards Ameritrash as well. Will branch into others over time.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:17 am

Well, to give you an example, last Tues we played:

Scopa
Adlungland
7 Wonders
Tobago
11 Nimmt!
I saw "World without End" being opened, but don't know if it was played.
Steve Jackson's Revolution!

At BBG, there are mostly Euros being played. Haven't seen much Ameritrash, although I think it's more because of people not bringing many. I do enjoy the occasional Ameritrash myself. Rail games are common, but no wargames unless you count the waro Shogun that was played some weeks back.

Lucky

Post by Lucky » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:22 am

You can always check the Billabong Boardgamers guild on BGG to see what games members have. If there is something you really want to play I'm sure the person would be willing to bring it along. Just be aware that not all the people in the guild are current attendees. Here is a list of some of the members who regularly attend.

(gmcnish)
(gerald)
(thingo)
(Mariana)
(aaronseeber)
(TaleSpinner)
(kerrinaddis)
(Lucky Phil)
(djlg)

Regards - Philip

ludo

Post by ludo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:56 am

Hi all-
Hijacking the thread still further, I just want to mention that Monash Uni (Clayton) Boardgamers had their first meeting of the year tonight. We had about 20 people, playing Dominion, Carcassonne, Power Grid, Munchkin Quest (!), Cartagena, Chess and MtG. Non students are welcome to attend - details on BGG here. Mondays at Clayton campus, 6.30 - 11pm.
Otherwise, "welcome" to the new folks :) Erin and I are trying to make regular appearances at Billabong this year, and I am happy to bring most things from my collection.
Rob (ozludo on BGG)
When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro

Joby

Post by Joby » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

I'll be dropping by BGG tonight around 9pm to check it out and pick up some stuff from Julian.

Monash club sounds really good too, given I'm in Clayton South and don't work as late on a Monday.

bme

Post by bme » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:25 am

I'm back in Melbourne wed morning 0.00 hrs so will miss the 22nd session but will try pop in next week. If I can work out where the uni one is I may try drop along to that and pass myself off as a student.