The biscuit thread

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
westgarthworldwide

The biscuit thread

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:05 pm

I think I have to play Devil's Advocate a broach a subject that I am sure people have noticed but not wanted to raise publicly.

Biscuits.

The last 3-4 EGD I have attended there has been 1 packet of biscuits provided - and not an especially large pack, the sort you can get from Safeway for $1.20 or so.

This co-incides with the fee/donation for EGD increasing to $4 per person when not so long ago it was $2 per person.

Now it is great that the club is accumulating all this money to buy more expansions for Galaxy Truckers or similar, however I think that as a service to club attendees there should be at least enough biscuits provided so every person could have at least 1. If the $4 donated by one person were spent on biscuits this would be more than enough. Some of us don't have time for breakfast before we get to the club, and that little boost of fat and sugar can keep us going until we get a chance to sneak up to McDonalds or KFC for some dinner.

It was suggested to me that I (and I assume by extension others) could bring some biscuits or similar and deduct the cost from our contribution. This is a fine idea as long as it was suitably co-ordinated to avoid the club getting a big pile of biscuits and a small pile of coins.

I am simply opening this topic for discussion, we have plenty of time before the enxt meeting (whichever it is) to decide what we want to do.

Please no personal attacks (on me) before 5 pm.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

Unhalfbricking

Re: The biscuit thread

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 am

westgarthworldwide wrote:I think I have to play Devil's Advocate a broach a subject that I am sure people have noticed but not wanted to raise publicly.

Biscuits.

The last 3-4 EGD I have attended there has been 1 packet of biscuits provided - and not an especially large pack, the sort you can get from Safeway for $1.20 or so.

This co-incides with the fee/donation for EGD increasing to $4 per person when not so long ago it was $2 per person.
Firstly, I don't think you are playing Devil's Advocate at all, as you seem to believe the point you are making!

I would agree that more money should be spent on biscuits - & a mix of savoury & sweet too, as some of us don't tend to eat sweet ones. If there's enough left over to go to MilSims, then there's plenty to provide good refreshments.

I also do not really see the need for EGF to buy games. People bring the games they want to play. Sure we could all offload our unwanted tradepile, but there's a reason they're there - we don't want to play them any more. I'd advocate that profit could be much better getting refreshments (biscuits) to a value which represents the number of attendees as Ben suggest.

Julian

kathy

Re: The biscuit thread

Post by kathy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:21 pm

as mentioned above a mix of savoury & sweet too, as some of us don't tend to eat sweet ones is a great idea.