EGF Sunday July 19th

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
cyhiew

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by cyhiew » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:47 am

meng wrote:Die Macher - the highlight of a great weekend. Thanks Ryan, Carlos, Ben and Fraser.
So how did the game go and who won? I came late and observed a great game of El Grande (a come from behind win by Matt)

Chee
Dont Panic !

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:09 am

MooseHead wrote:Loved the lifeboats and once again, thanks to Julian for his patience in teaching yet another game. Even if the sport was to see which of him or Melissa would get most offended by being tossed overboard.
You have an interesting substitute for a memory Sol!

anyway, there was never any doubt who'd be loudest when drowning!

J

MooseHead

Post by MooseHead » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:34 am

Unhalfbricking wrote:
MooseHead wrote:Loved the lifeboats and once again, thanks to Julian for his patience in teaching yet another game. Even if the sport was to see which of him or Melissa would get most offended by being tossed overboard.
You have an interesting substitute for a memory Sol!

anyway, there was never any doubt who'd be loudest when drowning!

J
I live for those moments of gurgle..... gurgle....., though we need to save them as where would the fun be if every move as a dunking of Melissa. No fun when it's so predictable. It makes the shrill bird like reactions even more amusing when they are sufficiently spaced out.

meng

Post by meng » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

cyhiew wrote:
meng wrote:Die Macher - the highlight of a great weekend. Thanks Ryan, Carlos, Ben and Fraser.
So how did the game go and who won? I came late and observed a great game of El Grande (a come from behind win by Matt)

Chee
Fraser won by 9 points (I came second). El Grande is very high on the list of games I own but haven't played, but really really want to (play).

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:26 am

I managed a third - as the Greens.

While my electoral results were mediocre, having the largest party base did wonders for my score at the end of the game.

It's a very good game, very logical. I think future games will move quicker, although it seems to me there is far greater scope for negotiation between players (a la diplomacy) esp. with the ability to form localised coalitions.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.