EGF Sunday July 19th

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
rjphelan
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by rjphelan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:25 am

Once again, I fear Junta's chances have been decimated by timing conflicts.

I'm going to suggest a different game.

I would like to play Die Macher. I meant to get in a game of it at BorderCon, but missed the opportunity when the game filled up before I knew it was going on.

Are there three souls who would be willing to play it with me on Sunday?

westgarthworldwide
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by westgarthworldwide » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

OK, it sounds like it might be a wasted effort to bring Junta if Christian can't make it and Rob is unlikely.

I'm sure there will be plenty of games going. Is Prince Of The City going to be there?
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

rjphelan
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by rjphelan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 pm

westgarthworldwide wrote: Is Prince Of The City going to be there?
I'll bring it as a back up.

ludo
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Carnegie

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by ludo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:45 pm

G'day all-

I will be there, but not until noon at the earliest. I still don't know about Campbell though. I'll bring the games I listed earlier.

-R
When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro

cyhiew
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:04 am
Location: Eaglemont

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by cyhiew » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:10 pm

rjphelan wrote:Once again, I fear Junta's chances have been decimated by timing conflicts.

I'm going to suggest a different game.

I would like to play Die Macher. I meant to get in a game of it at BorderCon, but missed the opportunity when the game filled up before I knew it was going on.

Are there three souls who would be willing to play it with me on Sunday?

I have Die Macher and will play it but I wont be there this Sunday. I will let you know if I make the next one.

Chee
Dont Panic !

gregor
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:21 am
Location: Burwood
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by gregor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:36 pm

ludo wrote:
Julian- If timing works out, I'd like to try Heads of State, if only to understand the arguments on BGG. I suppose this is a fallback in case Junta doesn't work out (again), so please don't wait for me!
I think the way to understand the arguments on bgg is first to understand that some people are freaking.

HoS is ok. It's got some good features. The late part of the game is particularly good.


[edit -- I didn't say freaking, i said f*wads. Seems theres an automatic filter. No wonder I keep seeing "freaking" in all sorts of posts; i thought it was a new annoying fad to not swear properly.]

westgarthworldwide
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by westgarthworldwide » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 am

Flipping melon-farmers.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

meng
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by meng » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:16 am

I've made a late decision to stay in Melbourne this weekend (was planning to go to Brisbane) so I'll turn up tomorrow. I would have liked to play Die Macher, but it sounds as though it may not get up.

User avatar
Unhalfbricking
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Blackburn, Victoria
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:11 am

cyhiew wrote:I have Die Macher and will play it but I wont be there this Sunday. I will let you know if I make the next one.Chee
Chee

I had you down for collecting After The Flood on Sunday. Let me know when you want to drop by to collect it.

J

cyhiew
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:04 am
Location: Eaglemont

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by cyhiew » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Unhalfbricking wrote:
cyhiew wrote:I have Die Macher and will play it but I wont be there this Sunday. I will let you know if I make the next one.Chee
Chee

I had you down for collecting After The Flood on Sunday. Let me know when you want to drop by to collect it.

J
Depending on what time my brother's flight to Sydney is, I may be able to drop by late afternoon or evening. What time are you planning to stay to, Julian ? Will you have your mobile phone with you? I have to pick my brother up in Albert Park in the morning at about 11 am but I will swing by Kew and maybe pick it up in the morning if you make it there early.

Chee
Dont Panic !

rjphelan
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by rjphelan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:25 pm

meng wrote:I've made a late decision to stay in Melbourne this weekend (was planning to go to Brisbane) so I'll turn up tomorrow. I would have liked to play Die Macher, but it sounds as though it may not get up.
I'll bring a copy of Die Macher with me (it's german edition, but I'll bring english rules). We may be able to get a game running.

meng
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by meng » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:58 pm

rjphelan wrote:
meng wrote:I've made a late decision to stay in Melbourne this weekend (was planning to go to Brisbane) so I'll turn up tomorrow. I would have liked to play Die Macher, but it sounds as though it may not get up.
I'll bring a copy of Die Macher with me (it's german edition, but I'll bring english rules). We may be able to get a game running.
The German edition is better to play with than Valley Games' monstrosity.

User avatar
Unhalfbricking
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:21 pm
Location: Blackburn, Victoria
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:35 am

cyhiew wrote:What time are you planning to stay to, Julian ? Will you have your mobile phone with you?
Chee
Being a lonely sad bastard with no life, I'll probably be there for the duration.

J

meng
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by meng » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Die Macher - the highlight of a great weekend. Thanks Ryan, Carlos, Ben and Fraser.

User avatar
MooseHead
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Armadale - Australia - SKYPE: LordSolomon
Contact:

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by MooseHead » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 am

Loved the lifeboats and once again, thanks to Julian for his patience in teaching yet another game. Even if the sport was to see which of him or Melissa would get most offended by being tossed overboard.
Image

Post Reply