EGF Sunday July 19th

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
MooseHead

EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by MooseHead » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:41 am

We are on a roll from 11 am this Sunday coming.

Please everyone, despite the fact that the oldies have been scared off from playing bridge on a Sunday, and I know we are not eating their biscuits as we provide our own, please, please, please, take your rubbish with you. We are still required to keep the place generally tidy and straighten the place up before we leave, as well as running the vaccum over the floor.

christianmoura

Re: EGF Sunday July 19th

Post by christianmoura » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Got no other plans for this Sunday, so I'll come. Angola anyone? The Napoleonic Wars? DUNE?

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:26 pm

I would love to play a big game, Christian.

I am still hoping that Junta will be played, but if not, I'd love a wargame. I'll bring Dune, as a possibility. Don't suppose anyone wants to play Twilight Imperium 3rd Ed.?

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 pm

I'd play Junta, for sure! I'd pass at TI3 though - not really my kind of game.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:23 pm

I'll be there this Sunday, that's if my Karma hasn't dropped too low (thanks, Moosehead).
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Great, let's try once more to get a Junta game going.

1. Ryan
2. Christian
3. Ben
4. Rob?
5. Campbell?
6. Vince?
7. ???

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 pm

What sort of correlation is there between potential players for Junta and Dune?

IE if we are 1 player short for a full game of Junta we could have a full game of Dune or if 2 players short for Junta a game of Dune -1 player (if calculate correctly).
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:26 pm

I really couldn't say. I don't know if any of the players with a ? mark next to their name have any inclination for Dune.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm intending to bring...

Heads Of State (designed by Peter Hawes from Brisbane - who also happens to be a friend of mine)
Khronos (These two I got in the last but one maths trade &
Wolsung (I'd like to try them out. I'll check the rules beforehand

Any requests?

Julian

ludo

Post by ludo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:18 am

Greetings all-

Not 100% sure Erin and I will make it at this stage, and if we do get there we will likely arrive between noon and 1pm. I don't know how that may effect people's plans for Junta (etc). I don't know about Campbell's intentions either :? Erin is definitely NOT interested in Junta, but Campbell and I remain keen.

Julian- If timing works out, I'd like to try Heads of State, if only to understand the arguments on BGG. I suppose this is a fallback in case Junta doesn't work out (again), so please don't wait for me!

Presuming Erin and I do show up, we will bring Dominion + Intrigue, Vikings, Ysphahan, Glory to Rome, Le Havre and Metropolys. Hopefully there will be something there to interest people. Campbell keeps Power Grid and Imperial in his car...

At some stage we'd like to play Campbell's copy of Cuba (I gather he's still reading the rules). Not sure when he'll be ready to try it though.

Otherwise: I'm afraid that I can't stand Dune, so count me out (2 attempts to play, both in my worst-gaming-experiences-of-all-time list). I don't know if Campbell has ever played it, so I can't speak for him.

As another possibility, is anyone interested in Pax Britannica? I'll need to do a piece count on my copy, but I'm pretty sure it's complete. It runs 6-8 hours IIRC, but my memory may be at fault - it's been nearly 10 years. Takers? (Not this coming weekend, of course).

-R
When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro

MooseHead

Post by MooseHead » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:44 pm

I could be tempted to be a starter for Heads of State, as played it over the QB long w/e successfully at EGF and happy to give it another whirl. One less to learn from fresh.

The threats, I suspect, for breaking open a virgin "Vikings" still remain entire as Melissa is keen for me to teach it. :oops:

After that, we see what happens. Assistance is setting things up is always appreciated. :idea:

Whilst every effort will be made on my part to open by 11 a.m., I am encouraged by the fact that when I arrived early last time there was a queue at the door. That said, means that once we open, games kick off fairly soon after that with those about, so arriving at 15 minutes or more after opening may mean people wait to join into a game with others present. Every effort is made to be inclusive with all present who wish to be involved, though no guarantees can be made.

coolpapa

Post by coolpapa » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Unhalfbricking wrote:I'm intending to bring...

Heads Of State (designed by Peter Hawes from Brisbane - who also happens to be a friend of mine)
Khronos (These two I got in the last but one maths trade &
Wolsung (I'd like to try them out. I'll check the rules beforehand

Any requests?

Julian
If Automobile showed up again, I'd be happy to give it another try.

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:01 pm

How much is Automobile Julian? Is it any good?
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 am

intheclear wrote:How much is Automobile Julian? Is it any good?
I think it's excellent. played it 3 times & am just about getting the hang of it, but each time something goes a bit wrong & I lose! come along & I'll teach it to you, but it isn't short - if everyone knew it, probably 90+ mins, with learning & slow mental arithmetic around 120+.

Price is on the website - can't remember.

J

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Dune / Junta team - I've been invited to go to Mt Hotham tomorrow night, so I'll be away for the weekend and miss this EGF - hope to make it to the next one, and still very much interested in playing Junta or Dune.