Re: Euro Games Fest Link.

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
quartzarrow

Postby quartzarrow » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 am

The eurogamesfest.com domain is currently pointing to a parked page and owned by GMO INTERNET, INC (as of 8th of Jan 2012). The eurogamesfest.com.au and eurogamefest.com.au (no s) domains are currently available. .com.au registration costs around $25 per year. If we think it is worthwhile someone we could register that domain. We could then either redirect it to this forum, or build a website on it (for around $10 per month hosting costs).

Danny.

gerald

Postby gerald » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

eurogamesfest.org is available, would probably be cheaper than a .au, and I'd think .org is more appropriate than .com...

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 pm

As I seem to remember this reference is to a previous site maintained by Sasha Spinks and this thread can probably be deleted with safety as we use this as the main forum and notice board for Euro Games Fest (EGF) Melbourne.

the_pirate

Postby the_pirate » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes all true. The eurogamesfest website is a thing of the past.

As far as I know Eurogamesfest Melbourne and Canberra are the only EGF's still in existence. Melbourne uses this site for all communication. The EGF website was not really serving any purpose. Between Melbournegamers and BGG I think all bases are probably covered.

intheclear

Postby intheclear » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Nice flag.
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

TaleSpinner

Postby TaleSpinner » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:16 pm

I've been playing around a lot with Google Sites lately. Basically, it's a free hosting site with no ads. I've managed to hook up a domain name to a Google Site without too much trouble. The only thing I paid for was the domain name.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en-au/group/index.html

Ideal for just informational sites. Jazzier stuff like forums and shopping carts are harder to put in.

Return to “Euro Games Fest”