Special Announcement!!!!!!All must read.

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
intheclear

Special Announcement!!!!!!All must read.

Post by intheclear » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:53 pm

We are pleased with turn out at Eurogamesfest (EGF), The numbers have been fantastic, Lets hope we don't out grow the room, even though we get the full use of the room at 4.00pm. This year the price of hiring went up slightly we have been covering it ok, some weeks just, as this is a honesty system we hope that all can remember to contribute. The club for us is non-profit, so the excess monies that we have, we have decided to put back into the club by buying games (starting a library) that will always be left at the bridge club for all to use. To make this work and the covering for the hire of the room we are asking that the entry fee be put to $3.00, hope this is ok. We have been asked by the owner of the bridge club also that we take our rubbish with us, as monday morning(2day old noodles is starting to smell the whole building out). So what you bring in you MUST take with you , Thanks.
PS. Tea , coffee and milk vacilities are still available for us to use, and the biscuits are supplied also by EGF funds. Hope all this makes sense, and let's keep the hobby alive and keep gaming. David
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:20 am

David,
no probs make sense to me.

price is $3 for a whole day of gaming!
and
deal with your rubbish!

thanks for your efforts (and the other organisers) in keeping EGF alive and well.

do you have a plan regarding the purchase of games for the library?
which games to get first, where they are stored etc?
can you give some more details about that?
Get a grip!

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:58 pm

The cash slush fund isn't huge, but it might work out every 2 months a new game maybe purchased. Games purchased already are
1. Tigris and Eupharates.
2. Puerto Rico.
3. I'm the Boss (got it really cheap) great game

Mainly looking for games in the top 100 on BGG, future purchases looking at are settlers, Powergrid and Acquire.
If anybody wants to sell their copies cheap we are intersted, you might want to update you're copy. Suggestions are available and donations are accepted. The games will be left at the bridge club all the time.
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:34 pm

intheclear wrote:
Mainly looking for games in the top 100 on BGG, future purchases looking at are settlers, Powergrid and Acquire.
Is this the general boardgame top 100, or the wargame top 100?

Just kidding - I guess it is called EUROgamesfest after all :D

Nevertheless I would donate $5 to buy a sheet of Plexiglass for the club...

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 pm

Hey, I wouldn't complain about a spare copy of ASL and Europe Engulfed!

Imago

Post by Imago » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:41 pm

Yeah we sure could do with a copy of ASL rules... :)

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:54 pm

I knew this was going to happen, at least the wargammers read the posts.

cyhiew

Post by cyhiew » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:51 pm

Plexiglass gets my vote too.
Dont Panic !

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:58 pm

Maybe instead of buying games which we all own anyway, profits should go to accessories (like plexiglas, overlays to make the tables bigger etc) and snacks?

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:58 pm

we have two overlays already donated from Wa. let's share the love and get some donations,but no Ameritrash we definately won't be purchasing that rubbish.

gregor

Post by gregor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 am

A sheet of plexiglas is a good idea. It helps with Roads and Boats.

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:46 am

"Roads and Boats"? I haven't heard of this wargame. Does it have many dice?

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Mr Skeletor wrote:Maybe instead of buying games which we all own anyway, profits should go to accessories (like plexiglas, overlays to make the tables bigger etc) and snacks?
Only people who turn up get a vote Frankie :badgrin: :D

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:07 am

Frank is right. There is never a shortage of games at EuroGamesFest, extra overlays (if that's what those big boards are) is a much better idea. The fifth copy of Tigris & Euphrates is a lot less useful.

A library at Gamers@Dockers would be much more useful because people are coming from work not home, but since the charming owners of the building won't give us any storage space, it would be much harder to organise.

If you really want to buy games, and I would add my vote to the suggestion to not bother, then we should actually see what games are available to the members anyway and only buy those that there are not already multiple copies available.

If you look at the collection function of a BGG Guild you can see what games the members own and how many copies there are. See Gamers@Dockers collection.

To aid this I have ponied up the GeekGold to set up a EuroGamesFest Melbourne guild at BGG. So why don't you click on the link and join up right now. If your collection on BGG is vaguely up to date we will soon have an idea of what games are already available and could be brought along with not much more than a post here. Note joining BGG guilds is free.

For example 8 people in the Gamers@Dockers guild have Acquire listed, since most of them show up to EuroGamesFest, it probably shouldn't be too high on any purchase list.
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 am

vote 1 fraser!
the voice of wisdom
Get a grip!