E.G.F. March 1st (TWS)

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
intheclear

E.G.F. March 1st (TWS)

Post by intheclear » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:10 pm

should be rolling up at lunch time looking to play Twilight Struggle with someone in afternoon, read rules 2 times.I can play 1960 and can see the similarities and differences,between the two games,will need a helping hand though? agree that twilight definately goes up a notch. Just for you wargamers, the board is so thin I had to go and buy some perspex 24'*36 at 2mm thick ($50) did I get ripped?
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

Imago

Post by Imago » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Yeah sure we can play TS! :D

I've had my copy for...what, 2 years now? Never used perspex or felt the need to.

bsmith
Site Admin

Re: E.G.F. March 1st (TWS)

Post by bsmith » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 pm

intheclear wrote:I had to go and buy some perspex 24'*36 at 2mm thick ($50) did I get ripped?
You can't put a price on perspex David :)

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Perspex is that magical formula that will transform any flimsy paper-map wargame to a nice glossy mounted board beauty, to put to shame any eurogame. Which means you've half-disqualified the argument that you like eurogames because of the nice bits and pretty boards.

Now you get the depth and richness of wargames with the nice shiny hard board. Say goodbye to those pile of family-friendly german-abstracts in disguise. How about a game of ASL Starter Kit after TS?

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:02 pm

Hey David where did you get the 2mm stuff from? Mine looks like it's around 4mm, the diffraction gets annoying!

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:15 pm

christianmoura wrote:Perspex is that magical formula that will transform any flimsy paper-map wargame
heh. Perspex isn't "just" plastic, it's a way of life!

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:17 pm

Perspex was purchased from a factory in west heidelberg that does neon signs, had to search a few factories but this guy was able to do it and cut it to the size I wanted. I am embarrassed that a Eurogamer has needed to purchase perspex, it sounds like the first step to wargaming, has the conversion started? Is hannibal v's Carthage a hardcore wargame?
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:31 am

bsmith wrote:Hey David where did you get the 2mm stuff from? Mine looks like it's around 4mm, the diffraction gets annoying!
You can get some thin stuff from Bunnings - it's on a roll that you cut it to your own length.

We use it for Roads and Boats, but it works for wargame maps too.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:14 am

dougadams wrote:You can get some thin stuff from Bunnings - it's on a roll that you cut it to your own length.

We use it for Roads and Boats, but it works for wargame maps too.
You're not talking about that stuff which has your donkeys levitating 2 inches off the table are you Doug? :shock:

I'm only going to EGF this weekend to witness Dave's 2mm perspex; You are going to let me touch it, right Dave?

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:09 pm

bsmith wrote: You're not talking about that stuff which has your donkeys levitating 2 inches off the table are you Doug? :shock:
Aren't they just the aerodonkeys from the expansion? :D
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

redturtle

Re: E.G.F. March 1st (TWS)

Post by redturtle » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:40 am

intheclear wrote:should be rolling up at lunch time
Will it still start at 10am?

I cant make it this month but I have some friends that may come and want to know when it starts.
Get a grip!

Theodor da Noff

Post by Theodor da Noff » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:43 am

I think I'll be showing up at sometime in the afternoon, maybe 2ish. I hope you welcome (foreign) newcomers. I'll try to drag a mate of mine with me. Is it easy to find the place?
I almost don't feel the way I do.

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:03 pm

redturtle wrote:
intheclear wrote:should be rolling up at lunch time
Will it still start at 10am?

I cant make it this month but I have some friends that may come and want to know when it starts.
Yes, 10am.

Theodor da Noff wrote:I think I'll be showing up at sometime in the afternoon, maybe 2ish. I hope you welcome (foreign) newcomers. I'll try to drag a mate of mine with me. Is it easy to find the place?
Foreigners are grudgingly admitted and treated with suspicion. :P

See here

Go to the corner of cotham rd and high st, walk along the south side of cotham road until you get to the bridge club. It isn't far, if you get to queen st you went too far. It's upstairs, so the bridge club is just a doorway. Also there should be a faded EGF poster on the door. See you there!

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:23 pm

What I'd like to play:

Asia Engulfed
The Napoleonic Wars
Angola

Anyone care to bring these along and have a game?

PS: I think only Chee owns the above - are you coming Chee?

Theodor da Noff

Post by Theodor da Noff » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:44 pm

dougp wrote: Foreigners are grudgingly admitted and treated with suspicion. :P
I wouldn't expect anything less, would in fact feel very awkward if nobody even looked at me funny...
I almost don't feel the way I do.