Saturday 3rd Feb

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
User avatar
bsmith
Site Admin
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 am
Location: The Dust Bowl

Saturday 3rd Feb

Post by bsmith » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:16 pm

I assume we have another EGF this week guys?

User avatar
TaleSpinner
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Wantirna South, Melbourne
Contact:

Post by TaleSpinner » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Yeah, I'll be there after 7pm. If possible, I'd like to get into a dungeon-crawl or RPG - it's been too long since I've played a decent game. Heck, even the OOTS dungeon game appeals to me at this point.

If nothing else, I'm up for anything.

User avatar
christianmoura
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 am
Location: Kensington

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 pm

I'll be there all day. Games I'm interested in playing:

Europe Engulfed (the 1942 scenario, or the one map east front tournament scenario)
A Game of Thrones
The Napoleonic Wars
The Russian Campaign
Successors

or I could just play Combat Commander all day long if someone brings a copy and is up for it.

User avatar
bsmith
Site Admin
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 am
Location: The Dust Bowl

Post by bsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:34 pm

That's an excellent selection Christian. If we can get 4 players then I'm up for Nappy Wars or Successors.
Otherwise TRC and Combat Commander sound good.

Mr Skeletor
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:55 am
Location: Fawkner, Melbourne

Post by Mr Skeletor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 pm

No love for Game of Thrones Benny?

User avatar
bsmith
Site Admin
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 am
Location: The Dust Bowl

Post by bsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:54 pm

Mr Skeletor wrote:No love for Game of Thrones Benny?
I'd play it again if you guys were, I wouldn't put it at the top of my list however :)

User avatar
christianmoura
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 am
Location: Kensington

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:34 pm

bsmith wrote:That's an excellent selection Christian. If we can get 4 players then I'm up for Nappy Wars or Successors.
Otherwise TRC and Combat Commander sound good.
Sweet - I should point out though that I don't own Successors or TNW though - but I have played them both many times, and would really like to have another game. I know Chee owns TNW, maybe Successors as well?

I do own the other games on my list. I recently got a copy of The Russian Campaign 2nd edition (Jedko Games) for $16.95 at Milsims!

User avatar
bsmith
Site Admin
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 am
Location: The Dust Bowl

Post by bsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:25 pm

christianmoura wrote: I do own the other games on my list. I recently got a copy of The Russian Campaign 2nd edition (Jedko Games) for $16.95 at Milsims!
Hehe, yeah they had a copy of that at Cancon for $10, someone had snatched it up by day 2. I've got the 4th edition (L2).

Hopefully Chee will chime in and let us know if he wants to play.

User avatar
christianmoura
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 am
Location: Kensington

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:49 pm

bsmith wrote:
christianmoura wrote: I do own the other games on my list. I recently got a copy of The Russian Campaign 2nd edition (Jedko Games) for $16.95 at Milsims!
Hehe, yeah they had a copy of that at Cancon for $10, someone had snatched it up by day 2. I've got the 4th edition (L2).

Hopefully Chee will chime in and let us know if he wants to play.
I'm sure the 4th edition is much better than than the copy I have - there are no rail markers, and some rules ambiguities were really annoying, until I found a copy of the Avalon Hill 3rd edition rules which clarified some of the questions I had. But $16 was too hard to pass, when the new edition was over $100. I actually only bought this game after remembering you said you really liked playing it, which led me to read further reviews on BGG, which caught my attention.

I wonder if it is playable though, as the full campaign, in one day?

User avatar
bsmith
Site Admin
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:20 am
Location: The Dust Bowl

Post by bsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:59 pm

christianmoura wrote:
I'm sure the 4th edition is much better than than the copy I have - there are no rail markers, and some rules ambiguities were really annoying, until I found a copy of the Avalon Hill 3rd edition rules which clarified some of the questions I had. But $16 was too hard to pass, when the new edition was over $100. I actually only bought this game after remembering you said you really liked playing it, which led me to read further reviews on BGG, which caught my attention.

I wonder if it is playable though, as the full campaign, in one day?

The 4th edition is only $50 at Milsims Christian, possibly because they have some sort of rights to the license. Last time I looked they had a ton of them in stock too.
I've played 3 games of TRC, we haven't yet figured out how to avoid the sudden death VC contitions for the Germans! As a result our games have only lasted a couple of hours.

User avatar
christianmoura
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 am
Location: Kensington

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 pm

bsmith wrote:
christianmoura wrote:
I'm sure the 4th edition is much better than than the copy I have - there are no rail markers, and some rules ambiguities were really annoying, until I found a copy of the Avalon Hill 3rd edition rules which clarified some of the questions I had. But $16 was too hard to pass, when the new edition was over $100. I actually only bought this game after remembering you said you really liked playing it, which led me to read further reviews on BGG, which caught my attention.

I wonder if it is playable though, as the full campaign, in one day?

The 4th edition is only $50 at Milsims Christian, possibly because they have some sort of rights to the license. Last time I looked they had a ton of them in stock too.
I've played 3 games of TRC, we haven't yet figured out how to avoid the sudden death VC contitions for the Germans! As a result our games have only lasted a couple of hours.
It's quoted as $110 on their site - and that was the price I saw in the store - maybe you got a 'crazy special'?

Russian Campaign 4TH ED
Jedko Games famous boardgame by John Edwards has been re-released in a brand new 4th Edition by L2 Design Group, and the result is magnificent. Features 384 beautiful larger 5/8" counters, with alternate counters for armored divisions, ie, a tank picture or the armored symbol, also additional counters to assist play, 'what-if' counters. Has the full campaign plus 1942, 43, and 44 scenarios, 6 pages of optional rules and 'what-if' variants, 30x39" cardstock map, larger order of battle cards, and a CD-ROM using limited Aide de Camp 2 for internet play!
$110.00

User avatar
intheclear
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: ESSEN
Contact:

Post by intheclear » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:20 pm

Looking forward to this Saturday for you eurogamers out there I'm interested in playing
1. Goa
2. Torres
and finally Dune as I have a copy know(paid to much) I have been reading rules so if anybody is interested in these let me know as I will be there early. 10.00 am start seeya David
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

gregor
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:21 am
Location: Burwood
Contact:

Post by gregor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 pm

I'd love to get in on a game of Dune; I've never played, but I can read over the rules. Love those Cosmic Encounter guys.

I'd also be up for Torres or Goa, been wanting to play each of them again.

I'll try and make it in early, but I may not make it before noon. Roger Waters concert is the night before.

User avatar
christianmoura
Posts: 1122
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 am
Location: Kensington

Post by christianmoura » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:27 am

Got a note from Milsims that 'A Victory Lost' was posted to me today, so I should have it by Saturday - another option for a 2 player wargame.

dougadams
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by dougadams » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:15 am

christianmoura wrote:Got a note from Milsims that 'A Victory Lost' was posted to me today, so I should have it by Saturday - another option for a 2 player wargame.
Ooh, it's here? This is the Japanese designed Eastern front game...?

There's usually no point going to Milsims for a couple of weeks post-Cancon as it takes them that long to get unpacked, but I may just go down there and give them a hand :)

Post Reply