EGF - 4th March - Summoner Wars

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
Foozle

EGF - 4th March - Summoner Wars

Postby Foozle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi,

I have the Master Set - Summoner Wars and would like to get in three or four games. I want to work out if I want to hang onto it or not (or whether I want to spend more money on it getting extra factions and reinforcements). I’ll be there around midday. If you are interested drop a reply here please.

Rgds, David F

Lucky

Re: EGF - 4th March - Summoner Wars

Postby Lucky » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 am

I'll be happy to give it a go sometime at either EGF or Billabong, but unfortunately not this Sunday.

Foozle

Postby Foozle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 am

Okay, not many replies :-)
I'll be there setting it up and having a solo play to get a feel for how the game plays - as opposed to what the reading the rules is telling me.
Ciao,
David F..

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Foozle wrote:Okay, not many replies :-)
I'll be there setting it up and having a solo play to get a feel for how the game plays - as opposed to what the reading the rules is telling me.
Ciao,
David F..
You didnt get much Solo opportunity, congrats to you and Simon for getting it to the table.

Alae

Postby Alae » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you for letting me play with you, a very close game. I had a great time and think I will probably pick up my own copy at some point.

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Alae wrote:Thank you for letting me play with you, a very close game. I had a great time and think I will probably pick up my own copy at some point.
Or David's if he ends up not liking it.

Foozle

Postby Foozle » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks for the game Simon. I have a handle on the rules now. Interesting thing I thought about the game are that it is like chess in having a development/positional/unit exchange phase leading to an end-game where there are fewer surprises. The second thing is that it is easy to forget to use units' special abilities - as they can occur at during different phases of game play. For me the former is a plus and the latter is a negative. I was surprised at how long the game took - again I have to equate it with chess. I was expecting something shorter from reading the rules - I'm not sure if I can find the time to invest into playing the game well - or more importantly finding other players that want to spend that time.
Ciao, David F..

Return to “Euro Games Fest”