Sun Feb 19th = NEW VENUE = Success !

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
MooseHead

Sun Feb 19th = NEW VENUE = Success !

Postby MooseHead » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:11 pm

= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = *
First and Third Sunday of every month
Time: 10am till 6pm
Venue: Wadham House
52 Wadham Parade, Mt Waverley, 3149, Victoria (Upstairs)
$4.00 entry fee*
Tea & Coffee making facilities available

= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = *
What is Euro Games Fest?

EGF Melbourne has been running for many years and now in a new location. We pride ourselves as a full day outing for any gamers wishing to find others who enjoy their passion. Whilst the name suggests Euro games, our play is not restricted to this genre with many wargamers, ameritrash fans, role players and others regularly attending.

How to get there !

Parking available on site.
150m from Mt Waverley Railway station.
Last edited by MooseHead on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MooseHead

Re: Sun Feb 19th, 10am till 6pm = NEW VENUE

Postby MooseHead » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 pm

We have pencilled in commitment for next 6 months, discussion for timing for future meetings is open to positive feedback. Can look at special event days where necessary to book till late conditional on establishing arrangements for keys and lockup.

Fraser

Postby Fraser » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:39 pm

MooseHead wrote:EGF Melbourne has been running for about 15 years+

That must be MooseMathematics, in exactly one week from today it will be exactly six years old.

Glad to see EGF has quickly found a new venue, it is somewhat less Brunswick friendly than Kew, but c'est la vie 8)

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Fraser wrote:
That must be MooseMathematics, in exactly one week from today it will be exactly six years old.

Glad to see EGF has quickly found a new venue, it is somewhat less Brunswick friendly than Kew, but c'est la vie 8)
The MooseMathematics that has been so rightly identified does not include the Fuga private parties.

I find evidence of 2006 onwards in a very public way. Does it matter, probably not, most importantly, we all enjoy playing board games, which ever group we are talking about.

The highlights for me are all the new games you can get the opportunity to experience, along with the occasional visit of an online dealer to demo some new product. Makes it almost as good as con without having to go away for the con, or is that being the con without going away for the con, I'll let you decide.

carlos

Postby carlos » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Fraser wrote:

NSEG, a lot more Brunswick friendly, 2&4th sundays of the month so not clashing with EGF, but great to know a new venue has been found.

quartzarrow

Postby quartzarrow » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 am

Sol, thanks and well done on finding a new venue. I much prefer the location of the new venue as it is significantly closer to me. I prefer the 10am until 6pm time session. I typically prefer to leave at around 6pm. I have noticed that a forced 6pm end time favours me because it forces other players to choose games that will finish by that time.

Danny.

westgarthworldwide

Postby westgarthworldwide » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 pm

While I won't be able to have breakfast at Lentil as Anything in Abbotsford beforehand, I have a spare Sunday Saver ticket so I might try and make the next one and check out the new venue.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Picking up the key for the new venue tomorrow. There will be one and only one key. They cannot be duplicated as they are security keys. The facility is a community house and we ask that you respect that it is a shared facility available to the community. We are privileged to have been allowed to make this our new home. I look forward to you all experiencing the new facilities.

We are not the only ones using the building on the day and gaming will be upstairs on this day.

Plenty of parking available, pay close attention to the signs.
The venue is 150m from the Mt Waverley Railway station.

christianmoura

Postby christianmoura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 pm

How did it go at the new venue?

westgarthworldwide

Postby westgarthworldwide » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Good, although it would be a bit tight if more than about 15 people turned up.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:54 pm

christianmoura wrote:How did it go at the new venue?
Great debut for new venue. Comfortably accomodate 20ish across both rooms, depending on games being played. Large tables available for bigger games. Some smaller tables available as well. We did not use all the available space.

Examples: Table of 4 for Eclipse, Table of 7 for 7 Wonders, were all possible. See Photos

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Euro Games Fest”