*********Important Message for all, Regarding EGF**********

Held at Wadham House, Mount Waverley, first and third Sunday of every month.
intheclear

*********Important Message for all, Regarding EGF**********

Postby intheclear » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 pm

AT this stage 5th Feb is cancelled and from there on, till I hear if the situation changes. Probably know more next week.

THE SITUATION.
The time has now come where the bridge club in Kew is more than likely going to be moving their operation to a new facility. Probably within the next two weeks. If this happens we will be unable to follow the bridgeclub to the new premises, as the price will be $25 per hr. This leaves us to find another facility as quick as possible.

So we are asking all to partipate in helping the club survive, any suggestions, would be very helpful.
pls contact myself (David) 0412191375 or Sol. thx
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

westgarthworldwide

Re: *********Important Message for all, Regarding EGF**********

Postby westgarthworldwide » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:29 pm

That sucks the proverbial.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

MooseHead

[UPDATE] ***Important Message for all *** [UPDATE]

Postby MooseHead » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:06 pm

We are in the final stages of approving the new venue, just wanting to explore a second option before making a commitment initially for 6 months.

EGF Feb 19 will run as usual in the new venue to be announced early next week, the day does not change. Venue consideration has used the previous frame work published last year as a guide. Cost does not change.

Option of timing with the new venue exists:
9-6 or 1 till late. Feedback on this option would be appreciated with positive comments. I am aware mornings have not been well supported and this may be used as the guide to our decision for bookings. Late finish and lockup will be conditional on who has accepted responsibility to hold the key.

With a new venue will come new responsibilities, keys, opening, closing, putting equipment away.

If you are interested in assisting in this way, please PM David or myself

LiegeLord

Postby LiegeLord » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 pm

I'd say a lot of us got quite comfortable with the idea of completion at 6pm, so why not keep the morning start? Nothing stopping us from starting at 10am as we have previously, and just not use the first hour (9-10). A 1pm start feels a little wasted for me personally; I feel like I've lost some good gaming hours.

I always make a day of my gaming (when available), so happy to open up when available, but a "late" finish may require me to surrender "the key rights" to someone more suitable to later finishes.

If you support this opinion (AM session through until 6pm) then please speak up.

Darren.

cyhiew

Postby cyhiew » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 pm

I am fine with both options, although my slight preference is 1 pm till late as I rarely make it earlier. Can make as early as 10.30 am though if I have a committed game to play.

Chee
Dont Panic !

christianmoura

Postby christianmoura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:09 am

I find that game days finishing at 6pm put a constraint on the games we can play at EGF. I prefer 'until late' so we can play the longer ameritrash/wargames.

kathy

Postby kathy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 am

Whether it is an early start or late start does not matter to me and I would leave around 6pm either way.

Thanks to those people who have been sorting out a new venue.

MooseHead

[UPDATE] **Important Message for all, Regarding EGF ** [UPDA

Postby MooseHead » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 pm

New Venue Details
First and Third Sunday of every month (next meeting Feb-19)
Time: 10am till 6pm
Venue: 52 Wadham Parade, Mt Waverley, 3149, Victoria
(Melway 61 E12) - google map.

$4.00 entry fee*
Tea & Coffee making facilities available
** Air Conditioned comfort for those HOT summer days

What is Euro Games Fest?

EGF Melbourne has been running for about 15 years+ and now in a new location. We pride ourselves as a full day outing for any gamers wishing to find others who enjoy their passion. Whilst the name suggests Euro games, our play is not restricted to this genre with many wargamers, ameritrash fans, role players and others regularly attending.

How to get there !

Parking available on site.
150m from Mt Waverley Railway station.

ludo

Postby ludo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Good work Sol- finding a replacement venue so quickly is outstanding. Thank you for your efforts.

We should update all the online info as soon as possible- does anyone know who has access to the current EGF-Melbourne webpage?

I favour the option to start at 1pm and go late, as that fits better with Erin and I, but we will not be too troubled if the majority decide on a morning start.

Otherwise: it would be good to find a central venue, closer to the city. We can look for alternatives over the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, however, I think we should make the most of things. And once again - thank you, Sol.
When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro

cyhiew

Postby cyhiew » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 am

I second that. Thank you Sol !
Dont Panic !

brett

Postby brett » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 pm

I've still got a key for the bridge club. What should I be doing with it now?

Return to “Euro Games Fest”