Kickstarter: Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture

polarbearxie

Kickstarter: Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture

Post by polarbearxie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:47 pm

Just wondering anyone has the interest in getting the USD79 pledge.

Although the shipping is cheap(USD16 per ship), we can make the cost of shipping even less.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ja ... iticulture

crikeythecat

Re: Kickstarter: Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture

Post by crikeythecat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:44 am

unfortunately I already have Viticulture so that pledge level doesn't really work for me.....unless your happy to have Viticulture, and I'll take Tuscany :smt120

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:48 am

or is anybody interested in buying my copy of Viticulture for $40

....then I can buy the new box with expansion.

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:34 am

crikeythecat wrote:or is anybody interested in buying my copy of Viticulture for $40

....then I can buy the new box with expansion.
Is it a first or second edition of Viticulture?

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:03 pm

First off, I'm having a look at the Kickstarter page in detail and it looks like they are offering the updated cards and components for free to first edition owners, so I'm not sure sure selling it for $40 and buying a new copy for $40 makes a heap of sense (apologies - my original post was on a whim before i read this). However, i guess if you want a copy we can try and sort something out (eg. get the updated components) - I don't actually know what version is better :smt017

For reference, or for anybody else interested in Viticulture:

Its a first edition Kickstarter edition. It has all the items listed below.
- It also has the Grande workers
- It also has the 'Rustic bag' for the wine tokens
- It also has all the rules printed out that were tweaked for the second edition

It seems like the second edition is only coming out as part of the Kickstarter.

Per BGG:
First printing: The 1st printing of the Kickstarter Edition contains all the components of the retail game plus the following extras:

1 scorebook
8 Punchboard wine coasters
1 Paper wine crate game box sleeve
1 custom art print
1 set of stickers to customize the game
4 promo visitor cards
The Arboriculture expansion

None of these original Kickstarter elements as listed above will be in the second printing of Viticulture. For the most part the extras do not affect gameplay; see this thread for more details.

Per Stonemaier Games website

Viticulture Second Printing
When we sold out of Viticulture, Alan and I had to make a decision: Do a second printing of the game that is identical to the first, or do a second edition of the game that clarifies/fixes any issues that have arisen over the last few months?
After much debate and for many reasons I won’t go into here, we decide that the best thing to do would be to create a revised second printing of the game. All changes we make to the second printing will be compatible with the first priting–these are subtle changes.
The second printing will be available for the first time through our 2014 Tuscany expansion pack Kickstarter campaign. It’s an expansion pack that will include about 10 expansions (some big, some small) to Viticulture. Arboriculture, the original expansion, will be included as part of Tuscany.

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 pm

It's cool, you hang onto your copy. I only played the game once and thought it was okay, and was tempted to do you a solid ;)

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Well I've put it out there so I'm sure we can sort something out.

I may need to hold onto the game until the campaign gets closer to finishing, they have suggested that to get the upgraded components you need to be in possession of the game when the kickstarter finishes and they send out the kickstarter survey. I assume they are going to ask for a barcode or some such thing. If you are interested in the game you may as well get the upgraded components with it.

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:34 pm

polarbearxie wrote:Just wondering anyone has the interest in getting the USD79 pledge.

Although the shipping is cheap(USD16 per ship), we can make the cost of shipping even less.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ja ... iticulture
apologies for slightly highjacking your post :shock:
Have you got any interest in the Collectors Edition for $99. I'm getting sucked in now.

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Per the latest Kickstarter update it looks like we can combine shipping regardless of which add on we purchase...and at an absolute minimum i will be buying the Tuscany expansion.

"As shown on the far right column of the shipping chart below, you need to make sure you add your shipping cost to your pledge (only pay the fee ONCE per pledge, so if you're getting a $59 Tuscany Prima + a $99 Collector's Edition shipped to Australia, you would pay a total of $174). Do this by going to the project page and clicking the blue "manage your pledge" button and then manually enter the total amount before submitting the revised pledge amount. You can also add extra copies of any of the core pledge levels ($1, $45, $59, $79, or $99)--you'll tell me exactly what you're getting on the post-project survey."

polarbearxie

Post by polarbearxie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Thank you so much for providing the detailed information!

Just too busy to have a look at the website these days.

Since the outer box for 99 pledge has changed to a better way(the new one save a lot of space), I am doubt whether I should get the 79 one or 99 one.

Maybe we can wait a little bit longer until 5 days before the deadline and try to figure out whether somebody else is interested in this game!

crikeythecat wrote:Per the latest Kickstarter update it looks like we can combine shipping regardless of which add on we purchase...and at an absolute minimum i will be buying the Tuscany expansion.

"As shown on the far right column of the shipping chart below, you need to make sure you add your shipping cost to your pledge (only pay the fee ONCE per pledge, so if you're getting a $59 Tuscany Prima + a $99 Collector's Edition shipped to Australia, you would pay a total of $174). Do this by going to the project page and clicking the blue "manage your pledge" button and then manually enter the total amount before submitting the revised pledge amount. You can also add extra copies of any of the core pledge levels ($1, $45, $59, $79, or $99)--you'll tell me exactly what you're getting on the post-project survey."

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:09 am

Not that I really needed the push, but I'd say that new box has probably tipped me over the edge for the $99 CE :D .
I'll get the updated components for the original one as well, to help it find a new home.

I do like how this company listen to feedback and make some changes that appeal to the users.

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Just to officially confirm it I am in.
I've pledged in for a Collectors Edition, so if at any point you decide you want in (at any pledge level) let me know and I will up my pledge accordingly.

....which also means I will have a 1st Edition Viticulture for sale & I will get the upgraded components for it as well.

cyhiew

Post by cyhiew » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:06 am

Count me in for a Collector's edition as well.

Cheers
Chee-Yan
Dont Panic !

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:48 pm

crikeythecat wrote: ....which also means I will have a 1st Edition Viticulture for sale & I will get the upgraded components for it as well.
If you're taking expressions of interest, I'll take docket #1 :D

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:34 pm

dougadams wrote:
crikeythecat wrote: ....which also means I will have a 1st Edition Viticulture for sale & I will get the upgraded components for it as well.
If you're taking expressions of interest, I'll take docket #1 :D
Sweet - Do you want to wait until the end of the Kickstarter (17 days) so i can find out what i need to do to get the component upgrades, or take your chances - if i do need a barcode or something Im sure you can email me.

After the Kickstarter ends I'm not sure how long it will take to get the upgrades, but I'll send them your way whenever they get here, and you certainly don't need them to play the game.