Page 1 of 1

The situation

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:11 pm
by westgarthworldwide
I finally had a chance to speak to the 'Co-ordinator' of the neighbourhood house on Friday in attempt to confirm whether we had a meeting place on Sunday.

She claimed she knew nothing about the application I had left there the day before, and wasn't sure if there was anyone meeting there on the Sunday. I was hoping we could use the Oldis Park building as I was previously told the large and small halls were bbooked, so I asked her if there was some sort of booking book she could consult and after some time she came back to the phone and said that the Friends of Public Housing were in the Oldis building. I told her that as I was previously told they were meeting in the small hall did that mean it was available and but she couldn't tell me. She said that she 'thought' someone might have come in that afternoon and wanted to hold a party in the small hall on Sunday. I asked her if they made a booking or not and she started to get a bit unpleasant. She suggested that if we waited until one of the volunteers who is on holiday comes back then we could find out who was meeting and when.

She then demanded to know if we were the 'group who didn't want to pay the fees' and said that perhaps I should come and manage the community center instead of her. I told her that I have given it some consideration but that I am leaning towards a place on the committee of management.

So I'm unsure what is happening with our booking, I am very tempted to just turn up on Sunday and play somewhere. I think I will see about a different meeting place while we see what happens with the application we have made, I can't guess how long this will take however.

Re: The situation

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:59 pm
by carlos
It seems as though we can forget about this hall, do you think they'll give us back the $50 deposit?

Re: The situation

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 pm
by westgarthworldwide
I have been waiting to see what their reply to the application I put in will be, I am starting to suspect that they don't intend to even answer us - in which case we will definately be getting our deposit back (or maybe we can sell the key to some homeless people for a bit extra?)

Re: The situation

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:22 pm
by westgarthworldwide
Still nothing in writing - does anyone have any suggestions for a new meeting place? I'm a bit busy with work these days or I would have tried to line something else up already.