Northern Suburbs Euro Gamers 26/2 - Be There!

westgarthworldwide

Northern Suburbs Euro Gamers 26/2 - Be There!

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Meeting on the 26th of February at the Jika Jika Community Center, corner of Plant and Union Streets in Northcote (Westgarth). Darn close to the #86 tram in High Street, Westgarth station on the Hurstbridge line AND the #250/#251 buses which run from the CBD to La Trobe University in Bundoora and Northland shopping center respectively.

Runs from 11 am - 6 pm.

COST is $3 - if you can afford it. Snacks to share are always popular. If you can bring some friends along that is even better!

Enquiries can be made here, to westgarthworldwide /a/ gmail.com or on 0424968541
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

christianmoura

Re: Northern Suburbs Euro Gamers 26/2 - Be There!

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Ben,

I randomly found out you used to play Mythos, the CoC card game. Do you still have cards? I had a few sets 15 years ago or so, and liked it a lot at the time.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:57 pm

I still have boxes and boxes of cards, but haven't played for a while. I have been making up folders of complete sets of every mythos card, but due to the New Aeon rares being very hard to obtain I have stalled. Come to think of it I should start trying to get them again....
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Nice. If you want to play a game sometime, count me in. Cant come to Dockers or NSEG this week though...

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Wouldn't be for a little while. I have at least one other friend who has been pestering me to play for a few years as well so we might be able to get something happening.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 pm

We have had a request for Pandemic - could anyone with a copy who is coming please consider bringing it?

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Another successful meet despite the heat. The ceiling fans on high and the extraction fans proved quite adequate for keeping us cool.

Games played included: Agricola, Alhambra, Blokus, Cleopatra and the Society Of Architects, Power Grid (Italy), Qwerkle, Seven Wonders, Small World and a German card game where farmers trade animals to one another.

andrewp

Post by andrewp » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 pm

westgarthworldwide wrote:and a German card game where farmers trade animals to one another.
Kuhhandel?

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 pm

That's the one! I forgot that some people also played a party-game called Cir Kis (a block-management game).