High Finance

westgarthworldwide

High Finance

Post by westgarthworldwide » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:59 pm

The time is fast approaching when we are going to have to stump up $50 for a key deposit. As my finances are far less healthy than could be, I would suggest that the core members each contribute $10 (this is a deposit so theoretically we can get it back if they kick us out).

Any takers? I am assuming Carlos and Gerald would like to be included so we would need 2 more. Gin? Andrew? Kerrin? Anyone else? Feel free to contact me privately regarding this.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

kalaidiscope

Re: High Finance

Post by kalaidiscope » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi,

No problem, but If money is involved we need to do it properly. Can we talk about it on Sunday? Or do you need the money sooner? Carlos has my number if you need to ring me.

Gin

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:35 pm

We don't need it until about a week before the first meeting, which is the second saturday next month (see other announcement).

And of course it will all be done highly properly!
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

carlos

Post by carlos » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 pm

I'm happy to put in $10, properly means ,I assume, either we get receipts as it is a refundable deposit or we recoup the money from entry fee. Planning on dockers this thursday so if your going WG can give you my share then.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Cool. So far we have 3 confirmed key-holders. If worst comes to worst I guess we can each contribute $16.66?

How have the Monday nights been going? I have been missing the reports :cheer:

kalaidiscope

Post by kalaidiscope » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 pm

I can do $20, I will see if I can drop it off with Carlos on Monday in case I don't see you in time.

I suggest we have memberships at $10/ 2 years. Membership gives you a vote in any decision making. E.g. if there are is a game day with under 12s, of if there is a themed game day, or a noisy game day (Space Alert)

Everyone who is not a member can just pay the entry fee and turn up, but they don't get a vote on how we run it.

Membership money would firstly pay back the key deposit, in the unlikely event that we got more members than there was key deposit all of the members would get to make a decision about what to do with the money.

What do you think?

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 pm

At present the fee we pay the community house ($3/head) is the same as we will be asking for attendees.

The key deposit is a deposit so, assuming we don't trash the place, if we leave in the future we can get the money back with the return of the key.

As far as key-holding goes, I am assuming I will be the primary key holder and maybe use Carlos as a back-up if I am unavailable.

gerald

Post by gerald » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Sounds all too difficult... Happy to provide $50 to keep things simple.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Carlos, our plan worked!

carlos

Post by carlos » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 am

I told Trev we were mortally offended by his photo, so he put in $10 to keep the peace,
old Viennese saying...Why keep something simple when you can make it complicated.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:27 am

From my experience starting Billabong 15 years ago.

Recommend you do not have voting members etc. Need a constitution etc public liability insurance etc - too much red tape.

Run it casually as suggested already.

I'll be joining in once I get back from ESSEN!!

carlos

Post by carlos » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 am

Fushizzle

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:52 am

We are now fully subscribed! I have the money from Carlos and Trev, with my own contribution and $10 each from Gin and Gerald we can claim the key.

I fully agree with the idea of not incorporating, having voting and non-voting members, agms twice a year blah blah blah. If people don't like the way it runs then no one is forcing them to come. Similarly if someone is so badly behaved they will soon have trouble finding anyone to play with them and hopefully give up.

carlos

Post by carlos » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:57 pm

My suggestion is that if we get a 2nd key it is held by 1 of the depositors , whoever is most regular, if a new person ends up being a keyholder they pay out one of the original depositors, this covers any incurred expense for loss of a key, I suggest we issue 5 shares, for example from Chicago express.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 pm

I'll ask about a second key, but if they want another $50 I wouldn't bother. I am only 5 minutes up the road so someone can easily get the key from me in an emergency.
Attachments
snapshot20090918192312.jpg
snapshot20090918192312.jpg (55.14 KiB) Viewed 7672 times