Big Announcement: NSEG To Meet twice monthly in 2012

westgarthworldwide

Big Announcement: NSEG To Meet twice monthly in 2012

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 pm

The Northern Suburbs Euro-Games collective is proud to announce that we will be hosting a games day on the second and fourth Sunday of every month in 2012.

The venue is the Jika Jika Community Centre, corner Plant and Union Streets in Northcote (Westgarth). It is very close to the #86 tram in High Street as well as Westgarth Station, Merri Station and the #250/#251 buses stopping in Westgarth Street.

Attendance cost will be a minimal $3 per head. The venue is booked from 11-6, it will be a matter of negotiation and dependent largely on other bookings whether we can play later than this.

First meeting is Saturday 12th of November, please see other posting.

Queries? Feel free to ask here or you can email me (Ben) on westgarthworldwide /at, Gmail.com
Attachments
parade.jpg
parade.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 7953 times
Last edited by westgarthworldwide on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

andrewp

Re: Big Announcement: NSEG To Meet twice monthly in 2012

Post by andrewp » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:20 am

How is parking in the area?

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:51 am

It is fair - there is no reserved parking, but there are usually spots free in Pearl Street opposite the aged care place, a few around the station, more around Dennis station etc.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sour ... tre&hnear=

Can give you an idea I hope.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

carlos

Post by carlos » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:49 am

When we have the dates I can post it on meet up if you like.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:21 pm

The dates for next year should be all OK - so they tell me. The meetings this year (2nd Sunday of October, November and December) should be fine too except they have a booking in November but I am hoping we can use the smaller hall on that date - I am going to see them on Monday with our booking paperwork.

bob.blanchett

Post by bob.blanchett » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Count me in.

I'm in Clifton Hill and know the jika halls very well.
(theres been a standing booking of both halls for a singing and support group from 6pm- I' m surprised you snaffled it,

but the possibility is there for some good bbqs in the better weather

I also play at the KOST in fairfield on Fridays

Bob
Bob Blanchett
Melbourne, Australia
Full Thrust, Modding FT, EFSB/B5
FT: NSL, IJSN, NAC, ESU, KV.
B5/FA: EA, MF, NR, CR, BKS, SH.
GDW space boardgamer(imperium, 5FW)
Napoleonic Naval Wargamer.
Member, Fairfield KOST wargamers.
BGG: gurubob
z9m9z.lurgi.org

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Yes, it is a great venue. There is also plenty of scope for people to bring their younglings provided they have some level of appropriate supervision. It operates as a child care center most week days so it is a fairly safe environment for kids.

kalaidiscope

Post by kalaidiscope » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi,

Second Sunday in November is the Board Game Meet at the Celtic Club, with Competitions for ( I think) Dominion and Carcasonne, and also free gaming. I think we should just cancel Northcote for that month, and go into the city. Might also be a good chance to advertise.

carlos

Post by carlos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:58 am

I go to some of the meet-ups and cafe games groups , I also know that not everyone wants to game at pubs, some of the downsides are
1- risk to games due to drink spillage or greasy food.
2- High cost of refreshments as you can't BYO.
3- Poor lighting due to pub "mood" lighting.
So I don't think we need to necessarily cancel, although we could postpone, up to whatever people want really, just my 2c worth.
On the upside it's been fun meeting newbies and introducing them to Euros.

carlos

Post by carlos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 am

Actually just checked the meet up site, can't see anything there for november, next one is Oct 15th on a Saturday

gerald

Post by gerald » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:23 am

carlos wrote:
kalaidiscope wrote:Second Sunday in November is the Board Game Meet at the Celtic Club, with Competitions for ( I think) Dominion and Carcasonne, and also free gaming. I think we should just cancel Northcote for that month, and go into the city. Might also be a good chance to advertise.
Actually just checked the meet up site, can't see anything there for november, next one is Oct 15th on a Saturday
I believe Gin was referring to the Australian Games Expo tournaments, with open gaming after 5pm on Sat 12 and Sun 13 Nov, it's not an official "meetup" thing.

No reason we can't have both: We could still play in Northcote on Sunday, 11-6 (or finish earlier), and whoever is interested can just go to the Celtic Club in the evening.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:38 pm

The November meeting will be happening, but on the saturday - see my announcement.