Magnum Sal: Muria

Dockers meets in the NAB building at Melbourne Docklands every Thursday night.
wozzit

Magnum Sal: Muria

Post by wozzit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:28 am

This must have been the most thematic game I have ever played. More gruelling than really mining salt after drinking 4 bottles of vodka the night before.

I kinda liked it - but just seemed way too long for what it is. Epic time length - but no epic feeling.

Read the rules when I could not sleep and a few things wrong:
1/ The “chain rule” can be broken in one specific case - a miner can be moved from a chamber if that chamber and all further chambers in its corridor are revealed and have no more salt to extract

2/ Pump house - you can only remove brine from a mine section you have a miner in. "When visiting the pump house, a player must remove at least one water cube from a mine chamber that has at least one of that player’s miners. "

3/ Marketplace. I got 1c when Peter failed to fill his order and should not have. "The assistant’s owner does not receive money if the miner cannot complete a order"

4/ You can put workers in a shaft dug by someone else.

5/ The horse mill can be used in a chamber with a shaft going down. In this case the player using the horse mill does not have to pay the shaft owner while transporting the salt.

6/ End of game small note - While counting points, players can replace their remaining brine salt with brown salt, receiving 1 brown cube for every 2 blue cubes. We did not play this wrong - just you don't have to remember to do it

crikeythecat

Re: Magnum Sal: Muria

Post by crikeythecat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 am

thanks for the update.

dont think it would have changed the outcome.

4 and 5 might have cost a few $, but no overall change in score i would imagine.

wozzit

Post by wozzit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Yep I agree. I did terribly and nothing would have changed it

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:29 pm

wozzit wrote:Yep I agree. I did terribly and nothing would have changed it
:wall:

Thelen

Post by Thelen » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Sounds fun, will play it next week if its up!

Alderon

Post by Alderon » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 pm

It was a bit long, I wouldn't mind playing it again sometime now that I know the game though.

I won't be there this week.

Peter.

:smt024