Newcomer - Anyone interested in the following this Thursday?

Dockers meets in the NAB building at Melbourne Docklands every Thursday night.
SammyBoyFTW

Newcomer - Anyone interested in the following this Thursday?

Post by SammyBoyFTW » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey there,

I was thinking of coming round this Thursday to the Dockers club, and I was going to bring around my copies of Elder Sign, Diplomacy and the Call of Cthulhu Card Game. Really I was wondering if anyone would be specifically interested in giving one of these games a shot this week, and in the case of Diplomacy should I be bringing round some sheets of paper and pens for the writing stuff?

Thanks,
Sammy.

crikeythecat

Re: Newcomer - Anyone interested in the following this Thursday?

Post by crikeythecat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:42 am

hiya

My guess is that you should be able to get something like Elder Sign up and running pretty easy. I know last week Arkham Horror was talked about.

There are plenty who like Diplomacy, but with the game time involved you may need to come along, see what suits people best, and organise it for a specific night (not everyone checks these forums), but feel free to bring it, you never know your luck. Generally speaking, if you think you need some extra equipment to play the game, bring it along, there is nothing kept in the rooms as they are part of the NAB office building.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:29 am

I would say Diplomacy would be hard to organise at Dockers. Might be easier in a full day affair such as Cafe' Games (happening this Saturday) or EGF.

I've played a lot of Diplomacy in my time, including attending World Championships, and hosting the Brazilian Championship. You do need 7 people to play, and with tight time controls, set aside at least 5h to take the game to completion.

SammyBoyFTW

Post by SammyBoyFTW » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Well thanks for the responses guys. I'll definitely be bringing along Elder Sign then, and we'll see what happens with Diplomacy when it comes round then :D Cheers!