ConVic 7, 2008 - Help Wanted

One of Melbourne's biggest and best gaming events; Normally held at Auburn Bowls Club twice a year.
Unhalfbricking

ConVic 7, 2008 - Help Wanted

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:57 pm

I will be running ConVic 7 next year, but there will be several changes.

The most important for the majority will be an increase in entrance cost from $5 to $10. This will almost guarantee the event at least breaks even, thereby removing one cause of stress for me.

Second, in order to make it more than just 'my' event, I want to get a group of up to 5 people together to help run it.

I am looking for volunteers who seriously want to help & believe they have something to offer to improve the event & make it more appealing. If you are not going to be able to commit to taking on a task & doing it properly, then please don't volunteer, as it will be assumed that you'll ensure it is done.

I intend to have an initial meeting at my home during November, once I know all who are keen to get going.

Points to note:
I have always run ConVic privately from my own money (something to be shared with the committee in future), not through my business.
The number of games I sell over the weekend does not make it viable as a business enterprise.
Success of one is not measured in any way from the success or otherwise of the other.

Regards
Julian

pimlottc

Post by pimlottc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:46 pm

When are you planning on having it? I'll have possibly left Australia before then.
- Chris @ Dockers

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:46 pm

It'll be around the same time as this year, whenever that was! Sometime in April.