request for games to play at ConVic9

One of Melbourne's biggest and best gaming events; Normally held at Auburn Bowls Club twice a year.
Murray

Re: request for games to play at ConVic9

Post by Murray » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 pm

kiwifirst wrote:I hope to be there Saturday afternoon/evening. Having not attended a gathering before not sure about trying to organize a game. I would be interested in playing any of the following, Chicago express, Le Havre & Brass. Not sure which of my games I should bring along.
I would laos been keen to try some 2 player war games, like Hammer of Scots, and C:CA if anyone is interested.

I am looking forward gaming locally again.
I'll be there Saturday and would love to play either Le Havre or Brass.

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 pm

I think I need you to teach me this che had trouble with rules on reading them.

I am always up for Hammer of the scots or Command and Colours : Ancients

Chee
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

kiwifirst

Post by kiwifirst » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Wallenstein would be fun too. Or Shogun, I havent played that yet.

viranga

Post by viranga » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:59 pm

gregor wrote:I've got and can bring Dune, if other folks aren't able to.
I may have Oltre Mare as well (though I may have traded it away?)
Hi Gregor,
it would be great if you could bring along Oltre Mare on Saturday (if you still have it).
Was there something you didn't like about the game?
Best Wishes, Viranga

ludo

Post by ludo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:08 pm

G'day guys -

Erin and I would like to intrude ourselves on Oltre Mare if it's possible. I own a copy which is (embarrassingly) unplayed... It looks like we will both be at Convic on Friday night and most of Saturday.

Rob
When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro

red_gamster

Post by red_gamster » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm

I am always up for Hammer of the scots or Command and Colours : Ancients
I'd love to play a game of C&C:A. I've had the game for a year and only played it three or four times.

I'm always up for a game of Brass too.

I'd really like to get a game of Age of Conan in - does anyone have it?

I'll be there Saturday and some of Sunday afternoon. I'll be organising lawn bowls for those interested.
Three into the Castilla. Go! Go!
http://boardgamegeek.com/user/red_gamster

TumbleSteak

Post by TumbleSteak » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:53 pm

I'll be attending on Friday night and Saturday.

I haven't yet played, but am very keen to try the following games if a game is being run:
Crokinole or Carrom (Always happy to try any other dexterity games as well)
Brass (and any other Wallace titles)
18XX
Any Splotter Games
Neue Heimat
Goa, Endeavour, or Vasco De Gama
Neuland

I'll also be happy to host the following:
Chicago Express
Container
Pitchcar

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:31 pm

If someone brings Age Of Conan I would love a game too - or Chaos In The Old World.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

ludo

Post by ludo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Greetings-

Looks as though Erin and I will be there Friday night and a good part of Saturday. Sunday is uncertain - Father's Day commitments, plus Aussiecon activities...

I'd like to play Oltre Mare. Are there still spaces in that game? Also, is anyone interested in beating me at Combat Commander? It features very high on my "must get played" list.

Erin also has a wish list, but it keeps changing. I suppose she'll have to register here and post :p

Otherwise, I will bring Endeavour, Power Grid, Imperial and Macao, plus whatever takes our fancy as we pack the car 8)
If anyone has requests, here's the list. After last year, however, I don't want to teach more than one or two games per day (every game was a teaching game, except Sorry Sliders - I burned out!).

Looking forward to seeing everyone... :banana:

(I still think the banana's cool)

Rob

TumbleSteak

Post by TumbleSteak » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:37 pm

ludo wrote:Greetings-

Looks as though Erin and I will be there Friday night and a good part of Saturday. Sunday is uncertain - Father's Day commitments, plus Aussiecon activities...

I'd like to play Oltre Mare. Are there still spaces in that game? Also, is anyone interested in beating me at Combat Commander? It features very high on my "must get played" list.

Erin also has a wish list, but it keeps changing. I suppose she'll have to register here and post :p

Otherwise, I will bring Endeavour, Power Grid, Imperial and Macao, plus whatever takes our fancy as we pack the car 8)
If anyone has requests, here's the list. After last year, however, I don't want to teach more than one or two games per day (every game was a teaching game, except Sorry Sliders - I burned out!).

Looking forward to seeing everyone... :banana:

(I still think the banana's cool)

Rob
Hi Rob,

I was the long haired chap who brought the other copy of Chicago Express to Monash on Monday and was speaking to you at the end about dexterity games.

I'm definitely very very interested in playing Endeavour and Neuland as we discussed on Monday. I wouldn't mind playing Steam as well even though it's a little lower on my want to play list. I can also help teach the basic game if required.

Additionally I just perused through your collection and wouldn't mind playing any of the following:
Macao (medium-high want to play priority). I've got Notre Dame and quite like it so want to try something else by Stephan Feld. On that note I'm happy to bring and teach Notre Dame.
Elk Fest (very high want to play priority)
Glory to Rome (medium want to play priority)
Metropolys (medium-high want to play priority)
Union Pacific (medium want to play priority)

I'm also very interested in playing Combat Commander provided I can find some time to sneak in a 2P game in and if you aren't already burnt out from teaching.

Cheers,
Rahn

kiwifirst

Post by kiwifirst » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:09 pm

ludo wrote:Greetings-

Also, is anyone interested in beating me at Combat Commander? It features very high on my "must get played" list.

Rob
Love to. Play that is, dunno about beat. Havent played it in a while. Having not been to one of these before, I guess we'll just wait and see where our game times finish and try and get a 2 player in.

I will be there Sat afternoon and evening.

Lee

kerrin

Post by kerrin » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:44 pm

I am always up for

Agricola
Farmers of the Moor
Le Havre
Shipyard

and would love to get a few of these games in over the weekend

ludo

Post by ludo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 pm

G'day Rahn-
I'm definitely very very interested in playing Endeavour and Neuland (---) Steam as well even though it's a little lower on my want to play list. I can also help teach the basic game if required.

Additionally I just perused through your collection and wouldn't mind playing any of the following:
Macao (medium-high want to play priority). I've got Notre Dame and quite like it so want to try something else by Stephan Feld. On that note I'm happy to bring and teach Notre Dame.
Elk Fest (very high want to play priority)
Glory to Rome (medium want to play priority)
Metropolys (medium-high want to play priority)
Union Pacific (medium want to play priority)

I'm also very interested in playing Combat Commander provided I can find some time to sneak in a 2P game in and if you aren't already burnt out from teaching.

Cheers,
Rahn
Endeavour - call that one a certainty. I'll have it available and there will be plenty of potential players.
Neuland - um. Let's see. Those rules give me a headache.
Steam - Very possible. Once again, many people will play.
Macao - Very likely. I'll have it there, and again lots of people play it.
Notre Dame - Excellent. Should be easy to get a game.
In the Year of the Dragon - You didn't mention this, but it "goes with" Notre Dame and Macao. I'll bring it, but may not have time to teach it.
Elk Fest - Absolutely! Pitch Car Mini is a good idea- I'll bring it. There may a Crokinole set available too. Also Sorry Sliders. And Flickochet...
Glory to Rome - Very likely. Gregor, are you reading this? Another one to be converted 8)
Metropolys - Very likely. It's simple to teach and plays fast.
Union Pacific - Also a good pick. If Campbell comes he is up for this.
+
Combat Commander - with any luck Lee will be smacking me around. My copy is unpunched, so I hope someone has a copy ready to play.

Rob

MooseHead

Post by MooseHead » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:59 am

Rob, Can you bundle in Ticket to Ride Switzerland. Would like to try that IRL. Always up for Thurn und Taxis especially the Northern Map expansion, what ever that is called if anyone has it. Will play South if that is all that is going.

gregor

Post by gregor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 am

Well I'll bring Brass for Sat. Happy to teach if needed.

I'll also bring some splotter
Antiquity (been trying to gat a play in)
Indonesia (likewise)
Bus
Cannes

Glory to Rome, of course.

Kerrin-- I'd like to play shipyards and le havre; have been meaning to play both of them.

I've looked for Oltre Mare, but can't find it. Will look again.
Will bring pack and stack, cause it's fun.