Anyone else have nightmares like this?

General gaming discussion.
bsmith
Site Admin

Anyone else have nightmares like this?

Post by bsmith » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:28 pm

Last night I dreamed that I got out of bed one day to find I had offered to publicly adjudicate a game of World in Flames between ex. Prime Minister John Howard and Peter Costello; It was like the Great Debate except it was a game of WiF. I had not read the rules!

Needless to say, it didn't go well. Peter Costello had to help out, by this stage I was pretty shaken, putting pieces in the wrong places and not interpreting orders correctly. The entire time Johnny was saying nothing, just concentrating hard on the map. I knew Peter was flustered with me, but he was doing a good job of not showing it.

Anyway, I went backstage to get a glass of water and ran into a couple of WiF fanatics. I explained to them that I was unable to find anyone who knew the game and had played recently, hence the reason I offered to do it myself. I asked one of them, an 11 year old WiF protege, if he would help out; He opened the rulebook to show me rule 1.0.0 which stated "Know the rules".
He did offer to help out (i.e do everything), so I guess it had a happy ending!

Imago

Post by Imago » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:55 pm

I've had nightmares about some stupid PBEM TS moves I've made. And dreams about ASL.

Who doesn't...?

christianmoura

Re: Anyone else have nightmares like this?

Post by christianmoura » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:16 pm

bsmith wrote:Last night I dreamed that I got out of bed one day to find I had offered to publicly adjudicate a game of World in Flames between ex. Prime Minister John Howard and Peter Costello; It was like the Great Debate except it was a game of WiF. I had not read the rules!

Needless to say, it didn't go well. Peter Costello had to help out, by this stage I was pretty shaken, putting pieces in the wrong places and not interpreting orders correctly. The entire time Johnny was saying nothing, just concentrating hard on the map. I knew Peter was flustered with me, but he was doing a good job of not showing it.

Anyway, I went backstage to get a glass of water and ran into a couple of WiF fanatics. I explained to them that I was unable to find anyone who knew the game and had played recently, hence the reason I offered to do it myself. I asked one of them, an 11 year old WiF protege, if he would help out; He opened the rulebook to show me rule 1.0.0 which stated "Know the rules".
He did offer to help out (i.e do everything), so I guess it had a happy ending!
Ben - you do seem unlike your normal self recently. One day you are organising Combat Commander tournaments,
the other you decline to play in favour of a game about baking bread and having babies.

Take it easy son - get some rest, cut down on your PBEM habit, get some exercise...

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:47 pm

Don't worry, Rudd will fix it!