eastern suburbs

General gaming discussion.
zombiepig

eastern suburbs

Post by zombiepig » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:07 am

hey there,
just wondering if there's many melbourne gamers from the outer-eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

We're in the very early stages of thinking about opening a board games store in the Ringwood/Bayswater area, and just wondering if there's a market for it out this way!?

We're starting to find it a nuisance for ourselves that whenever we want a 'good' boardgame we have to travel to the inner suburbs to find it.

Cheers!
Zombiepig.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:43 pm

I don't know of many gamers out that way personally.
It's probably a fickle business to get into, even Games World at Chadstone eventually dropped the number of Euros they had on the shelves.

However, we *still* don't have a single board game cafe here in Australia! :) http://sg.settlerscafe.com

zombiepig

Post by zombiepig » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm

thanks for that!

we were already thinking something along those lines, where gamers could come in and play some of the games before they bought them. Maybe making something more formal from that would be the key!

We are definately taking your suggestion into consideration! Something along those lines would be sweet...

will keep you posted! Any more suggestions will also be appreciated!!

ianw

Post by ianw » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:37 am

Hey zombiepig,

I for one would certainly appreciate a store like that somewhere around Bayswater!

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:36 am

Hey, if you want a cup of coffee before you buy games, just let me know. You can come round here!

However, there's no need to go anywhere to buy your games, just have them home delivered! I am also available for you to try any game at any of the 4 regular boardgaming events in Melbourne, Dockers, Billabong, EuroGamesFest & ConVic.

Seriously, though. If you want to start a boardgames store, you'll need to make it a sideline, not your main income. With an Australia-wide customer base, I couldn't live on boardgames sales. A cafe as main business with boardgames as an added attraction might stand more chance. Feel free to talk to me privately, if you want any more info. I've been selling boardgames in Melbourne for around 3 1/2 years now.

www.unhalfbricking.com !!!