World of Warcraft the boardgame expansion testing

General gaming discussion.
Mr Skeletor

World of Warcraft the boardgame expansion testing

Post by Mr Skeletor » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:20 am

Hi guys,

Is anyone interested in playtesting the WoW expansion? Playtesting has been kicked into high gear so I really need to get more games of it under my belt.
For those who havn't played it before be warned it's a long game.

Cheers
Frank

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:57 pm

Speaking of World Of Warcraft Frank. I know a crew who want to play it next week sometime. They already have a few players (including me) and seeing as you're an expert would you be up for a game or are you already burnt-out on it? ;) They will want to play without the expansion though.

Ben

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:07 am

bsmith wrote:Speaking of World Of Warcraft Frank. I know a crew who want to play it next week sometime. They already have a few players (including me) and seeing as you're an expert would you be up for a game or are you already burnt-out on it? ;) They will want to play without the expansion though.

Ben
I wouldn't say I'm burnt out on it, but obviously at the moment when I play I want to use the expansion stuff as much as possible.
Any reason why no expansion? The expansion only really adds 2 new rules (which are pretty easy), it's more centred around giving more options (more powers to buy and stuff) so it doens't make the game any more complicated.

dougadams

Re: World of Warcraft the boardgame expansion testing

Post by dougadams » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:12 pm

Mr Skeletor wrote:Hi guys,

Is anyone interested in playtesting the WoW expansion? Playtesting has been kicked into high gear so I really need to get more games of it under my belt.
For those who havn't played it before be warned it's a long game.

Cheers
Frank
I'd be happy to play it at Dockers. I probably couldn't fit it into a weekend session.

Cheers
Doug

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:59 pm

OK cool. May not be a problem then.

WoW has thousands of bits and takes up a 6'x6' table. So they create an add-on which makes the Puerto Rico expansion look bloated?
At least they've got a sense of humor! :D

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 pm

bsmith wrote:OK cool. May not be a problem then.

WoW has thousands of bits and takes up a 6'x6' table. So they create an add-on which makes the Puerto Rico expansion look bloated?
At least they've got a sense of humor! :D
The one i'm testing is only a 'card' expasion (only has cards).
There is a 'big' one comming out later on in the year, NFI what that ones got in it.

TI3 expansion contains a third ring for 8 players! Dunno what they were smoking when they thought that one up.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Mr Skeletor wrote: TI3 expansion contains a third ring for 8 players! Dunno what they were smoking when they thought that one up.
It's fascinating that reviewers have bitched and moaned about the playing time of Civ & Advanced Civ.
There must still be a pretty big demand for longer games if FFG sees fit to produce an expansion which looks to increase the playing time to at least 10 hours.
Uninstalling dictator ... 99% complete ███████████████████████████░ -ERROR-