cancon 2012

General gaming discussion.
redturtle

cancon 2012

Postby redturtle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:54 pm

Can someone give me the lowdown on cancon.

I am thinking of going. It looks like it is based on the tournaments etc. I am more interested in the open gaming.

Is it $30 for open gaming for 3 days?
What is the opening gaming like?

It seems like there is a trade hall for publishers etc.
Get a grip!

Murray

Re: cancon 2012

Postby Murray » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:43 am

I can help a little..

"At Cancon 2012, there will be numerous public participation games, as well as the Games Library.

Participation games will be free for people to play, and are put on by either stores, clubs or individuals.
The games library will have a huge selection of games (Chosen by board gamers), and will cost $10.00 per day to play. (Invcluding evening and all night games)

One thing we will not be hosting though, is free play tables for people to bring their own games along to play with themselves. We do not have the space available."

westgarthworldwide

Postby westgarthworldwide » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 am

So there is space for the games that cost $10 per day to hire from the organisers, but not for other games?

That could make for a pretty expensive day's boardgaming assuming you wanted to play 3-4 different games or more, and tricky if you are splitting the cost between various casual players.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

Unhalfbricking

Postby Unhalfbricking » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:42 am

My understanding is that there's a $10 wristband for each day & you can play as many of their games for that cost as you wish. Once you've paid that, you can play your own games, I think, but am not sure. There are a few stalls, but the big boys have taken over most of the space. I was in time to get where I wanted though.

The Maths trade table will be by my stall (Unhalfbricking Games).

Having a lot of my own games which are freely available for others to use, I don't like paying to use a library which I don't need & probably has nothing I want to play. However, if you see it as a $10 per day entry fee to open gaming then there's no problem. There is gaming in the evenings.

I should have 3 tables at my stall for playing MY games (ie demos of Essen games I have for sale).

It seems that there is a distinct lack of interest in my Rallyman tournament for Beyond Blue so I'll be pulling that shortly, I think.

Return to “General”