Spotted this week at Mind Games (15/08/06)

General gaming discussion.
bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:36 pm

I put one on hold. There's now only one copy left!

They're such tight-arses at Milsims, he wouldn't let me put it on hold for more than 24 hours. I mean, what is it he's worried about?

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:40 pm

annawid wrote:
dougadams wrote:
bsmith wrote:Is it worth getting? I mean, I've got Civilization and although I haven't played it, I understand it's the beginning and end of Civ games.
I also have Struggle of Empires. Between those two should I bother with Vinci? Or am I naive in asking gamers if I should spend yet more cash on a game I'll play 3 times :D
Ben
Well, it's a Euro - about 90 minutes, pretty generic. You're not going to feel like you're playing Greece or anything. Still, it's fast, it's out of print, ranked 88 on BGG, and it's only $27. I'd say go for it :)
Are you planning on playing it Doug or is it gonna go to storage pristine and unwrapped? :D
I buy them to play, apart from Blue Moon (I play Angry Frank's copy).

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:30 pm

dougadams wrote: I buy them to play, apart from Blue Moon (I play Angry Frank's copy).
Is that your current excuse for losing?

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Mr Skeletor wrote:
dougadams wrote: I buy them to play, apart from Blue Moon (I play Angry Frank's copy).
Is that your current excuse for losing?
No, that's all about maintaining a happy Frank.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:15 pm

Vinci can be played online at ludogora.net if my memory serves me correctly. Frank and Reggy and I played a few games of it a while ago, it really needs four or five though.

Vinci is another one of those reputed "Civ Lite" games. It's quite playable, but Civilization it is not. But then my idea of Civilization is 7 players and a whole day reserved.
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

intheclear

Is there any fundamental difference with the second edition

Post by intheclear » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:40 pm

Purchased vinci from milsims $26.99 great price missing 33 green tokens in the box for sixth player, Damn it! How do I get these replaced? I can't sleep at night when a game is incomplete, any ideas?
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

annawid

Post by annawid » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 am

Benny knows a place where you can get bits, you can order it from a German shop 'Boards and Bits' or something.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:24 am

You can get all sorts of stuff from http://www.spielmaterial.de including colored wooden discs.

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:43 am

Should the manufacturer replace? Descartes Editeur, hopefully!
learnthelanguageofboardgaming(GG,Avatar,T2r,AOS,Teuber,BGG,Ystari,M44,Faidutti,T&E,Spiele,RR,TI3,Robbirob.)

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:53 am

intheclear wrote:Should the manufacturer replace? Descartes Editeur, hopefully!
First off I'd ask MilSims, if that doesn't succeed then the publisher.

Hey David can you resubscribe to the Gamers@Dockers list, the address you joined up with is bouncing.
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

intheclear

Post by intheclear » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:14 pm

Fraser wrote:
intheclear wrote:Should the manufacturer replace? Descartes Editeur, hopefully!
First off I'd ask MilSims, if that doesn't succeed then the publisher.

Hey David can you resubscribe to the Gamers@Dockers list, the address you joined up with is bouncing.

Think I have fixed the e-mail problem sorry about that, thanks for advice, just hate going to milsims with a problem. such a happy friendly place.

dougadams

Re: Is there any fundamental difference with the second edit

Post by dougadams » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:58 am

intheclear wrote:Purchased vinci from milsims $26.99 great price missing 33 green tokens in the box for sixth player, Damn it! How do I get these replaced? I can't sleep at night when a game is incomplete, any ideas?
You're welcome to my spare set of green tokens from the first edition? I just chucked them into my box of spare wooden bits.

The only thing is there is only 25 of them, plus the scoring marker.

Let me know... you must get your sleep :)

intheclear

Re: Is there any fundamental difference with the second edit

Post by intheclear » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:37 pm

dougadams wrote:
intheclear wrote:Purchased vinci from milsims $26.99 great price missing 33 green tokens in the box for sixth player, Damn it! How do I get these replaced? I can't sleep at night when a game is incomplete, any ideas?
You're welcome to my spare set of green tokens from the first edition? I just chucked them into my box of spare wooden bits.

The only thing is there is only 25 of them, plus the scoring marker.

Let me know... you must get your sleep :)
That would be fantastic if you give it to someone going to next eurogamesfest thanks David