New Location for NSGA

Meets at the fairfield bowling club most fridays and other days..
cyhiew

New Location for NSGA

Postby cyhiew » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi All,

After over 13 years in Thornbury where we had the use of the Community Centre, we now have moved to a new location.

The new location is

Fawkner Community House, 79 Jukes Road, Fawkner.
The house is at the end of the Leisure Centre carpark, CB Smith Rserve.

We meet every 4th Sunday from 1 pm to 6 pm but people can come earlier (as early as 9 am...just sign for the key) if long games want to be played. There are two large rooms with tables and air-con (important in summer). There is a small charge per visit.

We play boardgames and minatures (we have terrain and also club games available). People also encouraged to bring their own games. We presently have an ongoing campaign of Empires in Arms with the full 1792 variant with 8 players. Flames of War and DBM are two other popular figure gaming rules been played.

Details also on the NSGA website. http://www.nsga.org.au/
Dont Panic !

minotower

Postby minotower » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:59 am

Hi to all

I`m Jethro, avid boardgamer,currently backpacking in Australia and heading for Melbourne in a few days. I`d love to check out the aussie competition so are you meeting this sunday(26th) and will there be players to play some shorter games?

Thanks
Jethro

cyhiew

Postby cyhiew » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi Jethro,

Welcome to Oz...the land down under. You are more then welcome to visit us in Faulkner, however we are all currently in a comapign game of Empires in Arms. Your best bet for shorter games will be Dockers (see other forum for location) on Thursday nights in the city at Docklands or Billabong gamers on Tuesdays. We also play games in Diamond Valley on Tuesday nights too if that is easier for you. If you are still in Melbourne on the first Sat of the month, we have a whole day Games day in Kew...Eurogamesfest.

Enjoy your stay in Australia.

Cheers
Chee-Yan
Dont Panic !

pimlottc

Postby pimlottc » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 pm

cyhiew wrote:If you are still in Melbourne on the first Sat of the month, we have a whole day Games day in Kew...Eurogamesfest.

Don't forget, it's going to be the second Saturday (Sept 8) just this once.
Last edited by pimlottc on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Chris @ Dockers

minotower

Postby minotower » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:34 am

Hmm, EiA, it`s been ages ago but it`s tons of fun if played with the right people. Only the rules discussions could get a bit hefty sometimes, at least in my group.

But thanks for letting me know, I won`t bother coming then. And I`ll be gone by the 2nd saturday, too bad.

But enjoy anyway
Cheers
Jethro

Return to “The Knights of the Square Table”