Non-Conquest gaming during Easter

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
cyhiew

Post by cyhiew » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Meng,

I agree with Christian. I checked the forums and rules too. You would have got your 18 Legit points before I got my 24 VPs so you win the instant you get the 18 L points.

Congratulations on the win. Piped at the post :o :badgrin:
Dont Panic !

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:21 am

I was going to say, it hardly seems fair to have come that far with Alexander's body and then have to wait until the end of the turn to seal the deal.

Congrats on the legit win, Meng.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:19 am

Chee,

We played from 10am to 7.30pm, with a short lunch break. It was the first time Ryan played, but once he got the hang of the rules it went pretty quickly. The scenario can go all the way to 1945, but we finished at the start of 1944, when things were looking pretty grim for the Allies.

I am quite sure you can play the whole game in one long day. It would also have gone quicker if we had a third player.

meng

Post by meng » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:49 pm

christianmoura wrote:The scenario can go all the way to 1945, but we finished at the start of 1944, when things were looking pretty grim for the Allies.
You mean the Axis, yes?

Thanks again all three of you for teaching me how to play Successors. It's in the list of games I'd play again, along with Wellington and Sword of Rome, although I woudn't say it's clearly better or worse than those two.

Imago

Post by Imago » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Ooh ooh Sword of Rome! I wanna play that again! You got a copy, Meng? I sold mine to...Shawn IIRC, a long time ago.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 pm

meng wrote:
christianmoura wrote:The scenario can go all the way to 1945, but we finished at the start of 1944, when things were looking pretty grim for the Allies.
You mean the Axis, yes?

Thanks again all three of you for teaching me how to play Successors. It's in the list of games I'd play again, along with Wellington and Sword of Rome, although I woudn't say it's clearly better or worse than those two.
Yes, Axis, of course.

I've played Sword of Rome a few times - I like it. If you enjoyed these, you'd probably want to play The Napoleonic Wars as well - another great card driven multiplayer game.