Boardgames on a Saturday, In the City.

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
MooseHead

Boardgames on a Saturday, In the City.

Postby MooseHead » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:56 pm

What: Boardgames on a Saturday, In the City.
Where: Games Laboratory, 324 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne.
When: Saturday, 1pm - 9pm. fortnightly.

Next dates:
- Saturday September 14th. 1pm onwards
- Saturday September 28th, 1pm onwards
- Saturday October 5th, 1pm onwards
- Saturday October 19th, 1pm onwards
- Saturday November 2nd, 1pm onwards
- Saturday November 16th, 1pm onwards
- Saturday November 30th, 1pm onwards
- Saturday December 14th, 1pm onwards.

They first listed this back in May and as of last weekend, it's alive and kicking. A boardgames session at games laboratory, guaranteed to get a crowd, then check out the fortnightly event that happens 1pm onwards at their new address of 324 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne. The last one had some 30+ board gamers in attendance playing games inclusive of:
Netrunner, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Dominion, Flash Point, Duel of ages II, Merchant of Venus, Betrayal on the Hill, Cyclades, Agricola, Suburbia.

Those playing board games outnumbered others playing Magic the gathering and other games. The gamers ranged in experience inclusive of new players learning games on the day. There are no restrictions on game genre or type, even a small games library available for use with titles inclusive of Carcasonne, The Settlers of Catan, Pandemic, Dominant species, Agricola and others too many to mention.

The venue is at no cost, has space for about 200 gamers on a first come basis and is food friendly (BYO) though some soft drinks and snack foods are available in store.

Info also at: Facebook: Melbourne Saturday Gamers - Boardgaming in the city
Last edited by MooseHead on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

westgarthworldwide

Re: Boardgames on a Saturday, In the City.

Postby westgarthworldwide » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 am

I checked out the new premises this evening and I was impressed. While I think 200 gamers would be very optimistic (unless they have some more rooms I wasn't privy to) it is certainly spacious. It is in the same building as one of those dubious English-language colleges used to be, only about 50 metres from Queen Street. There are some really nice cafes and take-aways nearby. There are a few steps to keep the pesky wheelchairs out, and I didn't inspect their lavatory (how bad can it be - they're magic players) but I will definately try to get there on a Saturday afternoon.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

kathy

Postby kathy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I will be attending regularly including the next one on the 14/9. :badgrin:

christianmoura

Postby christianmoura » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 am

I'll be there this Saturday.

Return to “Organise a Game”