Western Suburbs Gamers - library sessions in Werribee

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
Avatrix

Western Suburbs Gamers - library sessions in Werribee

Postby Avatrix » Tue May 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Following a successful pilot, the Werbrary Gaming sessions are up and running!

Tell your friends, tell your family, (don't tell your boss, if you work on Saturdays and plan to skive off and come play)...

WHAT: Social tabletop gaming for the discerning gentleman and lady. Youths and children must be appropriately accompanied.

WHERE: Werribee Library, 177 Watton street, Werribee (http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/wy ... h/werribee)

WHEN: 4th Saturday of the Month, 10 - 3.
Ah, the lunchtime dilemma for mid-game gamers!... I'm happy to tell you that the library is tolerant of responsible snacking on the premises, there are an abundance of cafes close by for more robust repast.

WHO: Contact Rachel 0409344453 or pm Avatrix here or via BGG.

ALL WELCOME!

KonradwithaK

Re: Western Suburbs Gamers - library sessions in Werribee

Postby KonradwithaK » Wed May 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Just to be clear, that means the next session and official kickoff of Werbrary Gaming will be 22nd June. :)

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:37 am

Just to be even more clear, we have kicked off, and are meeting the 4th Saturday of every month. That makes the next session next Saturday, 24/8. Hope you can make it. :)

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:42 am

Clarity, clarity, clarity. We had September session, and now it's time for October's. Tomorrow, 26/10, 10-3.30(ish). Be seein' ya.

crikeythecat

Postby crikeythecat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I knew there was somewhere i was supposed to be on Saturday :(
I did look during the week but didnt see any posts and then forgot about it.

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:26 am

Sorry about the late notice last month. You are rightly put out, Crikey.
So, here you are, everyone, over a week in advance:
The next session will be the fourth Saturday as usual, in this case 23rd November.

And it will be a special event in that we will be the central activity of the 'International Games Day at your Library' (http://www.melbournegamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1707&p=15452#p15452) in which the Werribee Library is participating. It would be great if there were not only good numbers of us but library users playing as well. Come prepared to play, and also to beguile.

It will also be a special day because it will be the final session for 2013. But wait, there'll be more playing in 2014, no worries.

See you the 23rd, 10 - 3.30(ish).
:)

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Werbrary Games is taking a break over the summer. There will be no WG this month or in January, but we will resume in February, 2014.
Dates for next year are: 22/2, 22/3, 26/4, 24/5, 28/6, 26/7, 23/8, 27/9, 25/10, and 22/11*

In the planning stage for next year: Themes for Game Day. These are still to be decided; information will be posted here when available.

Enjoy your summer, see you in February. :)

*subject to scheduling of ConVic

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 am

Just to confirm, Werbrary Games for 2014 resumes this Saturday (22/2) at the Werbrary library, Watton Street, Werribee, from 10am - 3.30pm.

There are now several near-city or city-based game venues to choose from each month, e.g., Games Lab Saturdays or NSEG Sundays.
Werbrary Games is open to anyone who wants to come, but especially those who live 'way out west' and want somewhere to play close to home.

This first session for the year will remain themeless, but we are still considering themes for other months. March has St. Patrick's day, and also Labour Day. Anyone know of any Irish games? Or there's 'green' games (did I hear Friedemann Friese mentioned? Or maybe CO2 or 20th Century).
Of course, Labour Day should be ideal for (what else?) worker placement games. Or better yet, worker nonplacement games, like Strajk!, the new Polish game about the Gdansk dock strike that had the eventual effect of breaking up the USSR.

Other themes being considered for later in the year: Australian and/or Edwardian era games for Anzac Day weekend, and pirates for September.
Feel free to suggest your own favourite game theme if you like (cause we all know how important themes are in the games we play :lol: )

Hope to see you Saturday. We may not play late but we play well, so pull up a chair and play a spell. :)

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:35 pm

So, your workers had a day off last week, eh? A regular long weekend. Well, tell them they can make up for it this weekend at Werbrary Library Games.
As mentioned last month, this Saturday, in honour of March's Labour Day, the 'theme' is worker placement games. All those games where you send your many minions out to do a lot of things every round, so you can get the points to claim to be the best boss. Or something like that.
But be careful, if they're not happy, the may go on Strajk!, with Lech Welesa leading the way. Of course, some of them have had field days in the jungles of Tikal and Tikal II, and many have worked hard on railways in Snowdonia. Even hired gunslingers have been know to put in a hard day's slog in Carson City.

Bring out your best, bring out your worst, bring any game you feel like, or don't bring anything at all and just play what's there, but come Saturday (22/3), Werribee Library, Watton St., 10-3(ish).

Sorry for the late notice, I think it was February's fault for not having enough days.
KS

Avatrix

Postby Avatrix » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi folks, the April Werbrary Games session needs a host, as both Konrad and I are out of town.
It's 10-3 on Saturday 26th April, Werribee Library, Watton Street.
Requires taking some games, welcoming people and playing the games! I'm happy to lend my games for it if you don't have any to take.
If you're interested, post here or drop me a line today, I'll be confirming whether it needs to be cancelled with the library tomorrow morning.
Thanks, Rachel

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi everyone. Just to confirm that Webrary games will be running next week, on 26th April, thanks to Kerrin volunteering to be organiser for the day. Usual hours (10am - 3.00pm), usual place (Werribee Library, Watton Street, Werribee).
It's Anzac Day weekend. Might be a good day for games by Aus/NZ designers, or Aus/NZ games. Anyone for Rum Rebellion? No, it's a game, the library will not allow that spirit on the premises.

Have a good time, see you in May.
KS

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi Everyone
It's June, and it's on again, Saturday, 28/6. Usual time, usual place.

I have a copy of another Polish board game to learn/teach/demo: W Zakladzie (In the Department), for 3-6 players. If you liked Kolejka (Queue), how about giving this one a try with me.

Cheers,
Konrad

KonradwithaK

Postby KonradwithaK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:51 am

So now it's July, and we're on again this Saturday (26/7), usual time, usual place.
It being July, and in remembrance of Bastille Day, does anyone have, want to bring, or know of any particularly French themed games? Ah, yes, Guillotine. Any others? Does Rococo count? Regardless of what you have, march on down to the library Saturday.

I have W Zakl ready to go this time, and even have one play under the belt. Would like to get another go before Gaming in the Meadows in Laverton on the 2/8.
Wait, W Zakl's not French! No, it's Polish, but I'm bringing it anyway.

Hope to see you Saturday. :)
Konrad

dracomjb

Postby dracomjb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Not able to make this months, but French themed games - Le Havre, Notre Dame, Metro are the ones that spring to mind.

urbaer

Postby urbaer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Can't make it, but Guillotine is quite French.... and Dixit (not so much theme, but origin and mood).

Return to “Organise a Game”