Western suburbs gamers: Werribee Library games-guinea pigs?

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
Avatrix

Western suburbs gamers: Werribee Library games-guinea pigs?

Post by Avatrix » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Westie Gamers,

I've recently put in a proposal to our local library to run games sessions there.

They're keen, so I'd like to run a trial session with a small group of experienced gamers before going ahead with a publicly advertised group.

This will let you give me feedback on how suitable the space is, give the library a chance to see how the noise of 10 or 12 gamers impacts on their space.

So - I'm putting a shout out for some guinea pig gamers to come play in the Werribee library Saturday 13th April, daytime.

Please inbox me if you want to be included in the numbers, I'll send you details (time, place) then.

Many thanks in advance for your interest,

Rachel

crikeythecat

Re: Western suburbs gamers: Werribee Library games-guinea pigs?

Post by crikeythecat » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Sounds great - 2 minutes down the road. Unfortunately I don't fly back into Aus. until sat night so I can't make it.

What sort of games are you thinking of? You didn't mention it in your post.

KonradwithaK

Post by KonradwithaK » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi Adrian,
I trust you're enjoying your travels.

Because this is an introductory trial, being held in a public space, we'll be mainly playing a variety of the usual 'gateway' games, including Carcassone, Ticket to Ride, Alhambra, 6 Nimmt, Coloretto, Settlers, etc., possibly Puerto Rico and/or Power Grid even.
The idea is to show what these kind of games look like, what they're like to play, and get onlookers joining in if they're interested.

If all goes well, we hope this will become a regular monthly venue and opportunity for us 'Westies' to get together to play (and learn) the usual range of boardgames we're used to.

See you when you get back.
Konrad

Avatrix

Post by Avatrix » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:38 am

Thanks everyone that came to the inaugural Werbrary Games! We should have a t shirt printed or something...
It exceeded K'Rad's & my expectations in funometreage. All the feedback was positive, so we're thinking... Hell yeah, let's go ahead with open social gaming, Werribee Library Style!

Thank you *so* much for supporting it xxx

We'll be back with kick off month shortly...

Adrian, great to hear your interest! I'll look forward to seeing you out our way sometime soon :)

Thanks again,

Rachel & The Quiet American

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:39 am

How many players/observers/chaperones did you get?
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

Avatrix

Post by Avatrix » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

westgarthworldwide wrote:How many players/observers/chaperones did you get?
10 players + library manager who came & played when she knocked off for the morning, 2x 3 not-us's who grabbed a game from the table and tolerated Konrad and me teaching their respective groups. 2 x library staff floating around with big smiles on their gullivers. It was a good day.

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Fri May 17, 2013 3:35 pm

I will be interested in coming to the next session of this. Sounds like a great alternative for us Westie gamers. EGF is just too far these days. :)

Avatrix

Re: Western suburbs gamers: April Werribee Library games session

Post by Avatrix » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi folks, the April Werbrary Games session needs a host, as both Konrad and I are out of town.
It's 10-3 on Saturday 26th April, Werribee Library, Watton Street.
Requires taking some games, welcoming people and playing the games! I'm happy to lend my games for it if you don't have any to take.
If you're interested, post here or drop me a line today, I'll be confirming whether it needs to be cancelled with the library tomorrow morning.
Thanks, Rachel

KonradwithaK

Post by KonradwithaK » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Hi everyone. Just to confirm that Webrary games will be running next week, on 26th April, thanks to Kerrin volunteering to be organiser for the day. Usual hours (10am - 3.00pm), usual place (Werribee Library, Watton Street, Werribee).
It's Anzac Day weekend. Might be a good day for games by Aus/NZ designers, or Aus/NZ games. Anyone for Rum Rebellion? No, it's a game, the library will not allow that spirit on the premises.

Have a good time, see you in May.
KS