New to Melbourne - Looking for gaming goodness...

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
Arlyansor

New to Melbourne - Looking for gaming goodness...

Post by Arlyansor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi All,

Newly arrived in Melbourne, and looking to scratch that itch!

My preferred games are Shadowrun, Pathfinder and Champions, but I'm willing to play just about anything.

Please leave a message here, or directly to arlyansor@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Arlyansor.

MooseHead

Re: New to Melbourne - Looking for gaming goodness...

Post by MooseHead » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Melbourne is a big town, whereabouts in Melbourne are you as that may help others get an idea of access for you.

Arlyansor

Post by Arlyansor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Sorry, my bad...

I'm currently living in Werribee, but I am more than willing to travel a reasonable distance.

I have access to a car as well, so I'm not limited to the train or bus lines either.

rjphelan

Post by rjphelan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:37 am

You can try going to the Royal Standard Hotel on Wednesday night, 27th of March, in West Melbourne for evening gaming. 6pm onwards. Address is 333 William Street, West Melbourne.

There's also a smaller gathering at the NAB building in Docklands on Thursday nights, but I haven't been to it in a while personally so maybe someone else who goes to that can give you more info.

This upcoming Saturday, I believe the Cafe Games meetup group is going to be at the Celtic Club for a day of gaming in the CBD, on the corner of Elizabeth and Lonsdale Street. You can show up around lunchtime and stay the whole afternoon and evening until closing. Plenty of games and people.

wozzit

Post by wozzit » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:21 am

Dockers is alive and well - all the details are here if you are keen.

http://www.melbournegamers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1503

cheers
dan

crikeythecat

Post by crikeythecat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm a Gamers@Dockers regular & also live out Werribee way, so if you ever need a lift home I'm always driving (although not for the next 3 weeks - holidays, hoorah!).

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:12 am

For RPGs you might want to check out Good Games (the one in the city has various games running).

http://goodgames.com.au/stores/vic/melbourne.html

I get a lot of invitations to sessions there via meetup.com, Tuesday evening is the usual one. I assume they also have a message board or the staff might be able to direct you to a game.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi Arlyansor,

This forum is by large geared towards boardgames, though once in a while RPGs get a mention.

Good luck finding a group. I suggest looking at the gaming groups in meetup.com as well, there are specific groups there for roleplaying.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

I must work out what parts of the world various Cthulhu players are in and we can start planning the next session (all ready to run just needs some organisation).
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.