Any Dune Players Out There?

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
Gump

Any Dune Players Out There?

Postby Gump » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:05 am

Hi guys,

no luck with Traveller!

Being a huge fan of the Dune series, I bought the board game a few months back. It says you can play with two but reccomends 4+.

Any candidiates?

Let me know.

cheers

Gump

Alae

Re: Any Dune Players Out There?

Postby Alae » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 pm

If you aren't aware FFG just recently released "REX" which is essentially a reprint of Dune, with a few rules tweaks and set instead in their Twilight Imperium universe. (Because they were unable to obtain the rights for the use of the Dune IP.)

I have yet to play either, but perhaps with the reprint there might be a revival of players interested in playing Dune.

Good luck!

westgarthworldwide

Postby westgarthworldwide » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:31 pm

There are a couple of Dune players who post here, the most notorious is probably Ryan and I have been known to play.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

rjphelan

Postby rjphelan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm a big Dune player. I've got a nice set of fancy looking cards to augment the game... and one of these days I'll download a nice pic of the redesigned board to get a more personalize, less messy version of the map to round things out.

But yeah, I'll play Dune anytime, anywhere, any place, advanced and optional rules, play-tested variants to make Fremen more competitive, alternative Emperor ability if playing with instant bribes. It's all good!

And I'll play it over Rex any day, since Frank Herbert's story is imo better than the space safari that is Rex.

scotty

Postby scotty » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

I would love to play Dune either face to face or online via Vassal. Happy either way.

westgarthworldwide

Postby westgarthworldwide » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 pm

I've been known to play Dune as well.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

rjphelan

Postby rjphelan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:58 pm

I'll bring it along to the next cafe games day.

Return to “Organise a Game”