Donations for school gaming club

Trade and shop for games in Melbourne.
Robbo

Donations for school gaming club

Post by Robbo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am

Hi, my name is Rob and I am a teacher at a small primary school on the edge of Pakenham. A couple of years ago I started a small D and D lunchtime group for some of my students who were experiencing social difficulties. This has now expanded to where we have a Gaming group that has a membership of about 35 students (which is a lot for a school of about 100 kids!).
The problem with this is that I have a lot of gamers with very few good games. I raided all of the local opp shops in the region and I have lots of copies of junior monopoly, mastermind etc. However, I would like my students to explore social gaming with better cooperative games. I have personally purchased games such as Pandemic, Fluxx, Sheriff of Nottingham, King of Tokyo etc but this is not financially sustainable by me.
In posts on the forum I have seen people from time to time offer games that they are not playing any more free to other gamers. If you are in such a position and are willing to donate a game or two, please rest assured that your contribution would be greatly and eagerly appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rob

Lucky

Re: Donations for school gaming club

Post by Lucky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:01 pm

How would you pick up the games?

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi Lucky, thanks for the reply. I could pick any games from a home address after school one night if that is possible. Alternatively, my son works in the city and maybe something could be arranged there. Thanks for thinking of us.
All the best
Rob

hydraphobe

Post by hydraphobe » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Hey there Rob,

Matt here, I'm one of the Matt's that runs your local gaming club mate ;) Outpost Gaming Club. We meet at the Toomah community centre in Pakenham. Check out our facebook page, we'd love to have you down so we can chat. I personally have a vast collection of games and I'm sure many other members of the club would be willing to help with your efforts.

Look forward to talking with you more.

https://www.facebook.com/Outpost-Gaming ... =bookmarks

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 am

Hi Rob, I have a couple of games on my trade pile that you can take for free. If your son can get to my workplace in the CBD, I can hand them over. PM me for details. Doug