Australian Games Expo Jan 2011

Talk about anything.
Unhalfbricking

Australian Games Expo Jan 2011

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:19 am

Hi

There are quite a few people from Melbourne going up to Canberra for Expo in January (Australia Day weekend Sat-Mon).

We must be able to co-operate to ease things along, so please send me a PM & I'll try to fix things up if...

You are driving up &/or back & will have spare room in your car.
You would like a lift up &/or back.

You have spare beds in accommodation & are looking for someone to share
You would like to share accommodation

You can offer or would like any other co-operative idea.

Any arrangement is assumed to be on an equal-cost-sharing basis.

Regards
Julian

shawn_low

Re: Australian Games Expo Jan 2011

Post by shawn_low » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:56 am

Hi Julian! Looks like I'll be going to AGE next year too! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm gonna post info I get too.

Just got a call from David Fuga.

Cheap tickets to/from Canberra on Tiger Airways. $37 + tax + fees (save the credit-card fees if you use a Mastercard Debit).

Total return is $88.64 (NO check-in luggage).

Also, if you want hotel rooms, I found cheap-ish deals on www.wotif.com.au. There's a mystery deal for the Novotel (they don't say it's the Novotel but I just booked and they confirmed that it was). It's in the city about 10 mins drive to the AGE venue.

$114 for Sat 22, $102 for Sun 23. 4.5 star hotel. Pretty good place to stay I thought.

@ Julian. You still have my shelves from last year's AGE. Feel free to use them this year again. Maybe we can finish a barter for them. :-)

TimAA

Post by TimAA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 pm

I've booked my ticket with Tiger. Is anyone else flying back at 8PM on the Monday? If there is perhaps we can arrange a lift to the airport.

I'm still looking for somewhere to stay. If someone has spare room, could they let me know.

shawn_low

Post by shawn_low » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 pm

TimAA wrote:I've booked my ticket with Tiger. Is anyone else flying back at 8PM on the Monday? If there is perhaps we can arrange a lift to the airport.

I'm still looking for somewhere to stay. If someone has spare room, could they let me know.
Tim, I'm flying out 8pm on the Monday I believe. We can share a taxi.

When are you flying in? I'm arriving the morning of the 22nd. Can't remember what time. Think we arrive at 8am ish.

TimAA

Post by TimAA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

shawn_low wrote:Tim, I'm flying out 8pm on the Monday I believe. We can share a taxi.

When are you flying in? I'm arriving the morning of the 22nd. Can't remember what time. Think we arrive at 8am ish.
I'm driving up to the con with Julian.

Sharing the taxi to the airport sounds good.