Reggy on 774?

Talk about anything.
dougadams

Reggy on 774?

Post by dougadams » Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Was that "Greg" who SMS'd into 774 last night our Greg? They run a boardgame club in the CBD and love playing Battlestar Galactica....

Derek Guille trundled out his boardgame chat topic again.

MooseHead

Re: Reggy on 774?

Post by MooseHead » Fri May 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Maybe we should geek it up next time it is happening, phone tree or whatever, normalise and self promote things where appropriate ?

BamH1

Post by BamH1 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:09 am

We were driving to Melbourne (I was behind the wheel) for a No-braces appointment on friday for one of my girls. My wife Linda rang in and said her fav is ticket to ride but also mentioned Power Grid, Robo Rally and Settlers Of Catan.
Derek certainly needs to get out of the Dark ages and try some of the games that have revolutionised the board game scene. No mechanic is safe from the tinkering of today's designers!

BTW I will have a sci-fi prototype up in the next month called Uncharted Worlds. Would any groups be interested in me sending a copy for feedback? It is in the 4X tradition (explore, expand, exploit, exterminate) but with more paths to win than simply war mongering.

I showed it around Essen and have some interest from Euro publishers but would love to test it out before I submit a final to them. It is in 3rd Beta atm.

Also hoping to get to BorderCon with the family in June.
--------
Sink Me!

Reggy

Post by Reggy » Tue May 25, 2010 5:16 pm

dougadams wrote:Was that "Greg" who SMS'd into 774 last night our Greg? They run a boardgame club in the CBD and love playing Battlestar Galactica....

Derek Guille trundled out his boardgame chat topic again.
Yes it was I, I think the most exciting game mentioned on his show was 'Pick up sticks'