South-Ameritrash

Talk about anything.
christianmoura

South-Ameritrash

Post by christianmoura » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:04 am

I've reconnected to two of my old gaming groups in Brasília. The first one is my old Roleplaying crew, a bunch of highschool friends who still play D&D 20 years since. I introduced them to games, and under my recommendations, they have bought fun ameritrash such as Roborally, Wings of War, Cosmic Encounter and some light wargames.

The second group is more independent and have a decent collection of games. To my delight, they have denounced euros as joyless financial spreadsheeting exercises, sold their copies of Caylus and Race to the Galaxy; and invited me yesterday to play Chaos in the Old World - they estimate having played this 60+ times since it has come out.

We engaged in a lively discussion of new and old games, I mentioned Dune and Magic Realm, which they are keen to make DIY copies off. They brought up Fortress Ameritrash, and I mentioned I played regularly with Mr. Skeletor - guys were impressed, Frank - they even knew you by your real name. You notorierity has reached South America.

westgarthworldwide

Re: South-Ameritrash

Post by westgarthworldwide » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 am

Yes, they call him Mister Condor in South America.

They even built a big statue of him in the hills outside of Rio, you should check it out sometime!
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Played a scenario of the new Warhammer RPG this weekend, it was surpirsingly good - the system is cool, but the scenario, called 'Eye for an Eye' is actually a very Call of Cthulhu adventure. Its like Cthulhu meets D&D in Medieval Germany. Recommended.

westgarthworldwide

Post by westgarthworldwide » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 pm

A lot of the 'old' WFRP stuff revolved around chaos cultists and skaven infiltrating the villages, towns and cities of the Old World too - always an enjoyable mix.
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.