Kendo Nagasaki #4! (anyone can join at any time, PM me!)

Play by Email games in progress.
jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Unhalfbricking wrote:Clue for everyone: No celebrity mentioned so far is famous for the same thing as me. That'll give you something to think about!
Hmmmm.... balding?
Ah hah! Sean Connery hasn't been mentioned yet...

Perhaps playing green = environmentalist?

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:27 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Salman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We could talk together in our own language</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 2:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Al Pacino</td><td>Bucharest</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Niccolo Machiavelli</td><td>Ankara</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Angela Merkel</td><td>Vienna</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Cicciolina</td><td>Dnepropetrovsk</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Steven Tyler</td><td>Birmingham</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Gordon Brown</td><td>Glasgow</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz</td><td>Irbid</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am 15-20 years younger than you</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 3:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Monica Bellucci</td><td>Sevastopol</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Pele</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Luciano Pavarotti</td><td>Odessa</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Sarah Michelle Gellar</td><td>Kiel</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>John Travolta</td><td>Paris</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Quentin Tarantino</td><td>Detroit</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Carla Bruni</td><td>Nizhny Novgorod</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first names end with the same letter</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 4:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Andrea Bocelli</td><td>Baku</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Laura Morante</td><td>Kishinev</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Rupert Murdoch</td><td>St Petersburg</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Boris Yeltsin</td><td>Stockholm</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Matt Damon</td><td>Aberdeen, Scotland</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Elvis Presley</td><td>Memphis, TN</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ben Folds</td><td>Cork</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first names have the same number of letters</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 5:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Justin Timberlake</td><td>New Orleans</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Gary Glitter</td><td>Amsterdam</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Dick Smith</td><td>Reykjavik</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Lithgow</td><td>Antwerp</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Hugh Laurie</td><td>Dublin</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Greta Scacchi</td><td>Constanta</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our surnames end with the same letter</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 6:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>David Beckham</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Clive Owen</td><td>Bruges</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Nick Nolte</td><td>Stoke-On-Trent</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>J.K.Rowling</td><td>Doha</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Howard</td><td>Belfast</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Pamela Anderson</td><td>Newcastle-Upon-Tyne</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Shannon Noll</td><td>Quebec</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ethan Hawke</td><td>Calgary</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am about 2 years older than you</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 7:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Lance Armstrong</td><td>Seattle</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Robert Davis</td><td>Halifax, Nova Scotia</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Alan Moon</td><td>Luxembourg</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Andrew Motion</td><td>Edinburgh</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Sean Connery</td><td>Liverpool</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Anchorage</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We both first achieved a measure of "world famous" status in the same year.</i>

Next Deadline Friday Noon Sorry this is late but I couldn't get in for hours.

I have been identified, but not found yet. The person who guessed has not been told it was their guess.

pimlottc

Post by pimlottc » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:15 am

Er, I did manage to submit a guess for this round...
- Chris @ Dockers

dougp

Post by dougp » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:43 am

So does Pele's first name end in N? Does it have five letters?

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:46 am

pimlottc wrote:Er, I did manage to submit a guess for this round...
Sorry Chris,

Chris's entry was
Shane Warne in Scarborough which was not the closest.

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:29 pm

dougp wrote:So does Pele's first name end in N? Does it have five letters?
His first name is Edison. (Very Brazillian!)

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:42 pm

jeff wrote:
It's actually Edson - so Dougp is correct that it has 5 letters and ends with an N!!

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:44 pm

christianmoura wrote:
jeff wrote:
It's actually Edson - so Dougp is correct that it has 5 letters and ends with an N!!
Ahhh!!! I don't think the 5 letter clue applied to him anyway. However the last letter clue does.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:32 pm

Is it true that Shane Warne's real first name is "Bogan"? :lol:
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:46 am

Remember the deadline. Midday today. Next week, it'll be Monday, Wednesday & Friday, but I doubt it'll run that long.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:05 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Salman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We could talk together in our own language</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 2:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Al Pacino</td><td>Bucharest</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Niccolo Machiavelli</td><td>Ankara</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Angela Merkel</td><td>Vienna</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Cicciolina</td><td>Dnepropetrovsk</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Steven Tyler</td><td>Birmingham</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Gordon Brown</td><td>Glasgow</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz</td><td>Irbid</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am 15-20 years younger than you</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 3:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Monica Bellucci</td><td>Sevastopol</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Pele</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Luciano Pavarotti</td><td>Odessa</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Sarah Michelle Gellar</td><td>Kiel</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>John Travolta</td><td>Paris</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Quentin Tarantino</td><td>Detroit</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Carla Bruni</td><td>Nizhny Novgorod</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first names end with the same letter</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 4:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Andrea Bocelli</td><td>Baku</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Laura Morante</td><td>Kishinev</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Rupert Murdoch</td><td>St Petersburg</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Boris Yeltsin</td><td>Stockholm</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Matt Damon</td><td>Aberdeen, Scotland</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Elvis Presley</td><td>Memphis, TN</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ben Folds</td><td>Cork</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first names have the same number of letters</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 5:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Justin Timberlake</td><td>New Orleans</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Gary Glitter</td><td>Amsterdam</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Dick Smith</td><td>Reykjavik</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Lithgow</td><td>Antwerp</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Hugh Laurie</td><td>Dublin</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Greta Scacchi</td><td>Constanta</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our surnames end with the same letter</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 6:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>David Beckham</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Clive Owen</td><td>Bruges</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Nick Nolte</td><td>Stoke-On-Trent</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>J.K.Rowling</td><td>Doha</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Howard</td><td>Belfast</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Pamela Anderson</td><td>Newcastle-Upon-Tyne</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Shannon Noll</td><td>Quebec</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ethan Hawke</td><td>Calgary</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am about 2 years older than you</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 7:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Lance Armstrong</td><td>Seattle</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Robert Davis</td><td>Halifax, Nova Scotia</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Alan Moon</td><td>Luxembourg</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Andrew Motion</td><td>Edinburgh</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Sean Connery</td><td>Liverpool</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Anchorage</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We both achieved "world famous" status in the same year.</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 8:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Denver</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Reno</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Denver</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Alan Moon</td><td>York</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Houston</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Carlisle</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Vancouver</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>The correct identity was closest! (Sorry, how much more helpful can I be??</i>

Next Deadline - Monday Midday

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to post the full set of results from now on (url has got too long), so you will need to refer back to previous posts for past rounds. Next result will be round 9 only.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:24 pm

Don't forget the deadline

Midday Monday! Surely someone will pick the right place today!

J

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:47 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Salt Lake City</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Albuquerque</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Redmond</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Salt Lake City</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Colin McRae</td><td>Salt Lake City</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Getting Colder!</i>

Next Deadline: Wednesday Midday.

btw Doug, Richard, Chris, if you submitted an entry, it did not get through & was not part of this round.

dougp

Post by dougp » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Hey, I did send a guess.

Actually, I'm sure I sent one guess, and then I changed my mind.

jeff

Post by jeff » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:37 pm

this is getting rather annoying. 10 turns and it seems everyone has received a clue except me!

:cry:
Last edited by jeff on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.