Kendo Nagasaki #4! (anyone can join at any time, PM me!)

Play by Email games in progress.
Joris

Post by Joris » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:52 am

Yep, I'm on holidays the next 2 weeks so unfortunately have to forfeit a few turns. I'll hand over my meager clues to Richard so he can finish the game.

I enjoyed it so far, pretty difficult though as celebrities is not my strength :)

Unhalfbricking

Delay

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Please accept my apologies. I have received an entry which is ambiguous, as there are seveal cities of that name around the world. Please ensure you are more specific in future.

When I get a reply, I will post the next results.

Regards
Julian

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:53 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Salman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We could talk together in our own language</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 2:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Al Pacino</td><td>Bucharest</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Niccolo Machiavelli</td><td>Ankara</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Angela Merkel</td><td>Vienna</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Cicciolina</td><td>Dnepropetrovsk</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Steven Tyler</td><td>Birmingham</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Gordon Brown</td><td>Glasgow</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz</td><td>Irbid</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am 15-20 years younger than you</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 3:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Monica Bellucci</td><td>Sevastopol</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Pele</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Luciano Pavarotti</td><td>Odessa</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Sarah Michelle Gellar</td><td>Kiel</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>John Travolta</td><td>Paris</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Quentin Tarantino</td><td>Detroit</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Carla Bruni</td><td>Nizhny Novgorod</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first names end with the same letter</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 4:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Andrea Bocelli</td><td>Baku</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Laura Morante</td><td>Kishinev</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Rupert Murdoch</td><td>St Petersburg</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Boris Yeltsin</td><td>Stockholm</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Matt Damon</td><td>Aberdeen, Scotland</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Elvis Presley</td><td>Memphis, TN</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ben Folds</td><td>Cork</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first names have the same number of letters</i>

Please Note: Joris has handed over the reins to Richard Weir. Welcome aboard Richard, & good hunting!

Next Deadline tuesday Mid-day

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am

Just a reminder for today's deadline. Only 3 tries so far, so maybe not much information coming? I trust you all receive personal messages from this?

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:13 am

Yoiks, thanks for the reminder Julian.
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Salman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 2:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Al Pacino</td><td>Bucharest</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Niccolo Machiavelli</td><td>Ankara</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Angela Merkel</td><td>Vienna</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Cicciolina</td><td>Dnepropetrovsk</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Steven Tyler</td><td>Birmingham</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Gordon Brown</td><td>Glasgow</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz</td><td>Irbid</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 3:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Monica Bellucci</td><td>Sevastopol</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Pele</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Luciano Pavarotti</td><td>Odessa</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Sarah Michelle Gellar</td><td>Kiel</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>John Travolta</td><td>Paris</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Quentin Tarantino</td><td>Detroit</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Carla Bruni</td><td>Nizhny Novgorod</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 4:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Andrea Bocelli</td><td>Baku</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Laura Morante</td><td>Kishinev</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Rupert Murdoch</td><td>St Petersburg</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Boris Yeltsin</td><td>Stockholm</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Matt Damon</td><td>Aberdeen, Scotland</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Elvis Presley</td><td>Memphis, TN</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ben Folds</td><td>Cork</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 5:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Justin Timberlake</td><td>New Orleans</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Gary Glitter</td><td>Amsterdam</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Dick Smith</td><td>Reykjavik</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Lithgow</td><td>Antwerp</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Hugh Laurie</td><td>Dublin</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Greta Scacchi</td><td>Constanta</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our surnames end with the same letter</i>

Next Deadline Friday Noon I will remind you all on Friday morning, if I remember

Additional clue for those who read this carefully! ;) There has been at least one guess who is of my nationality & gender combination, at some point during the game, so far. (A lot of help, right?)

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:09 am

Don't forget the deadline. 1 guess received so far.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:17 pm

Still wating for entries. Not enough to post yet, I think.

Or should I simply post irrespective?

Have Jeff, Fraser, Stompy, Richard & Jon given up?

I will post at 5pm-ish, whether I get more responses or not, but am still interested in why we're losing people? Going on too long? Entries too far apart?

Julian

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Unhalfbricking wrote:Have Jeff, Fraser, Stompy, Richard & Jon given up?
Sorry, my brain is melting. I keep wanting to guess a cartoon character figuring it is unlikely to more wrong than I currently am :(

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Yeah, I think the clues are too vague at this point to make an edu-ma-cated guess

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 pm

jttm80 wrote:Yeah, I think the clues are too vague at this point to make an edu-ma-cated guess
And this from the kitten smoking man who gets all the clues, what hope do us mere mortals have?

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:15 pm

Unhalfbricking wrote:Still wating for entries. Not enough to post yet, I think.

Or should I simply post irrespective?

Have Jeff, Fraser, Stompy, Richard & Jon given up?

I will post at 5pm-ish, whether I get more responses or not, but am still interested in why we're losing people? Going on too long? Entries too far apart?

Julian
ummm I've sent my guess on Thursday.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:56 am

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 5:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Justin Timberlake</td><td>New Orleans</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Gary Glitter</td><td>Amsterdam</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Dick Smith</td><td>Reykjavik</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Lithgow</td><td>Antwerp</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Hugh Laurie</td><td>Dublin</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Greta Scacchi</td><td>Constanta</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our surnames end with the same letter</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 6:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>David Beckham</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Clive Owen</td><td>Bruges</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Nick Nolte</td><td>Stoke-On-Trent</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>J.K.Rowling</td><td>Doha</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>John Howard</td><td>Belfast</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Pamela Anderson</td><td>Newcastle-Upon-Tyne</td></tr><tr><td>richardweir</td><td>Shannon Noll</td><td>Quebec</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Ethan Hawke</td><td>Calgary</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am about 2 years older than you</i>

Next Deadline Tuesday Midday - why not send in your answer early??

My apologies for the delay, but sometimes its very hard to find anything interesting as a clue between 2 celebrities.

Clue for everyone: No celebrity mentioned so far is famous for the same thing as me. That'll give you something to think about!

pimlottc

Post by pimlottc » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:46 pm

They'll be no compliants about it ending too early this time!
- Chris @ Dockers

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:57 pm

As the celebrity hunters close in on the target, the game gets more exciting....(no, really, it is getting more exciting... what, you're not excited? Well, some of you should be!)

Don't forget the deadline!!