Kendo Nagasaki #4! (anyone can join at any time, PM me!)

Play by Email games in progress.
Fraser

Post by Fraser » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:06 am

Ian wrote:Saman Rushdie Mtwara, Tanzania
Salman's lesser known twin brother? ;)
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:44 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Salman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We could talk together in our own language</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 2:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Al Pacino</td><td>Bucharest</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Niccolo Machiavelli</td><td>Ankara</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Angela Merkel</td><td>Vienna</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Cicciolina</td><td>Dnepropetrovsk</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Steven Tyler</td><td>Birmingham</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Gordon Brown</td><td>Glasgow</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz</td><td>Irbid</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am 15-20 years younger than you</i>

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:32 pm

well, what to make of this. There was a sudden rush to Europe and jttm80 barely moved from Leicester to Birmingham so he probably got the first clue.

But there is a lot of area in central Europe maybe he wasn't as close as he thought he was and dougp, who now dominates Europe, has now picked up the second clue.

Interesting.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:10 pm

Next Deadline Tuesday midday. Sorry abojt that![/b]

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:29 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Salman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We could talk together in our own language</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 2:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Al Pacino</td><td>Bucharest</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Niccolo Machiavelli</td><td>Ankara</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Angela Merkel</td><td>Vienna</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Cicciolina</td><td>Dnepropetrovsk</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Steven Tyler</td><td>Birmingham</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Gordon Brown</td><td>Glasgow</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz</td><td>Irbid</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>I am 15-20 years younger than you</i>

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 3:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Monica Bellucci</td><td>Sevastopol</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Pele</td><td>Mexico City</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Luciano Pavarotti</td><td>Odessa</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Sarah Michelle Gellar</td><td>Kiel</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>John Travolta</td><td>Paris</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Quentin Tarantino</td><td>Detroit</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Carla Bruni</td><td>Nizhny Novgorod</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>Our first (or only) name ends with the same letter</i>

Next Deadline = Friday Midday

jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:40 pm

ah ha! My cunning plan has worked! By forfeiting my turn you didn't see which direction I turned and now I know where you are.*

* Damn it! I forgot to put my guess in.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:45 pm

jeff wrote:Damn it! I forgot to put my guess in.
Are the deadlines too far apart? Is that why you forget? Would 24 hours suit better ot maybe 48 hours, following a 5 weekday cycle Mon/Wed/Fri/Tue/Thu/Mon?

Opinions?

jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:54 pm

nah I'm just an idiot. I spent some time analysing it, but being a Friday afternoon, decided having a beer might be a better option. :D
:smt030

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Jeff, totally unrelated to this thread, Alpha left a magazine or something for you at Dockers last week. However yo didn't show, Imants has is it.

jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:24 pm

That C3i mag is going to do the rounds with all the war gamers. She said she loved me... :(

pimlottc

Post by pimlottc » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:34 pm

Er, who is Bob Carton?
- Chris @ Dockers

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:23 pm

pimlottc wrote:Er, who is Bob Carton?
Bob Carlton mispelt, although that may not help you much 8)

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 pm

You know, this is so hard, when you aren't actually getting the clues.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:19 pm

But you're getting all the clues Jon!

Whoops, a bluff! Sorry mate. Posted this before I realised!

richardweir

Post by richardweir » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi Can I play

Joris is sending me what he knows so I can continue as him while he is
away.

Send info or do I just email my guesses