Kendo Nagasaki #4! (anyone can join at any time, PM me!)

Play by Email games in progress.
Unhalfbricking

Kendo Nagasaki #4! (anyone can join at any time, PM me!)

Post by Unhalfbricking » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:50 am

For the rules check out the thread called:
Kendo Nagasaki #3 (anyone can join at any time, PM me!)

This time I hope it'll be a bit more obscure, though I haven't quite decided what criteria the town/cities will have to qualify. I'll decide by Monday & first round deadline is Wednesday Noon, by PrivateMessage.

jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:58 pm

so is the game on? city and celebrity decided?

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes, they are decided & it is on. Just don't pick Julian Clarke - Melbourne as it'd spoil it to get it too quickly!

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Auto Results advice 8)
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Choose that then - you'll just spoil it for everyone else!!

Unhalfbricking

Round 1 Results

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 pm

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:
<i>We could talk together in our own language</i>

dougp

Post by dougp » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:10 pm

How can randy have missed the first turn? Did he submit an invalid guess or something?

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:12 pm

He said "I want to play" but did not submit his guess in time - & it only had a city when it did arrive.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Maybe he was guessing himself as the person? :lol:
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:51 pm

hmm - what happened to my guess??

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Thankfully that didn't change anything. Well, you see... I was waiting for Doug to giveme the bit to add cities, & I think you were there before, but not after.... Sorry, shouldn't happen again!!

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:42 pm

What the hell stompy? Tupac vs Willie in the Emirates?

ianw

Post by ianw » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:02 pm

What happened to my guess as well?

Unhalfbricking

Post by Unhalfbricking » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:43 pm

OK! I've checked. This one was with the other one that got lost. Must've failed to do something right!! Not as professional as Doug! I've made sure this is all that I reeceived!

<table border=1><tr><td><b>turn 1:</b></td> <td><b>famous person</b></td> <td><b>famous city</b></td></tr><tr><td>christianmoura</td><td>Umberto Eco</td><td>Kiev</td></tr><tr><td>pimlottc</td><td>Kareem Abdul-Jabbar</td><td>Cairo</td></tr><tr><td>jeff</td><td>Tupac Skakur</td><td>Dubai</td></tr><tr><td>dougp</td><td>Mick Jagger</td><td>Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand</td></tr><tr><td>fraser</td><td>Bob Carton</td><td>Bangkok</td></tr><tr><td>jttm80</td><td>Art Garfunkel</td><td>Leicester</td></tr><tr><td>joris</td><td>Osama bin Laden</td><td>Jerusalem</td></tr><tr><td>randy</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>stompy</td><td>Willie Nelson</td><td>Abu Dhabi</td></tr><tr><td>ianw</td><td>Saman Rushdie</td><td>Mtwara, Tanzania</td></tr></table>Public response to the name suggested by the closest agent:

FWIW, the person who was sent the clue was sent it BEFORE I screwed up the table by missing people off, so as I say, there was no harm done, except there could've been. Sorry. You now all have full information, please disregard any earlier posting as incomplete.

Next Deadline Midday Friday!!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:02 am

What happened to my unsubmitted guess as well? ;)