Werewolf XIII: Rise of the Sith JEDI KNIGHTS WIN!!!

Play by Email games in progress.
Fernando

Post by Fernando » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:10 am

Ok, the Sith made a mistake last night and I really think this one is ours to win.

christianmoura - Senator
jeff - Jedi
redturtle - Jedi

Possible Sith:
Fernando
Stompy
dougp
TaleSpinner

You guys cant know it, but to me it is clear that we now have a 66% chance to lynch a sith if we pick correctly between Stompy, Dougp and Talespinner.

I really think that the Siths are Stompy and Dougp, right now.

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:43 am

Stompy wrote:How about we ask the guy laughing in the corner - dougp - what his opinions are?
Laughing in the corner? More like cowering.

I have been reading through the posts, trying to get some sense of who the sith could be, but I still have no idea.

My first reaction is to suspect anyone who suspects me, given that I am not a sith. But I can understand that my lack of posting could be construed as suspicious.

ps. Come and play kendo nagasaki 2 !!!

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:13 am

Ok, thinking about it a bit more, I'm likely just to vote along the lines of someone who is already cleared, or vote with christian.

Thinking about it, the renegade is likely to just keep protecting themselves. Is there any way to use this fact to find out who they are?

Thinking about stompy and fernado's last votes. They accuse each other, with me as their second choice. Somehow this makes me think that one is sith, and one is not. Given that I am not, this would make talespinner sith. Of course noone else can take for granted that I am not sith, so this logic doesn't really work for anyone else. Also, naming a second suspect is essentially meaningless, a sith can easily name a sith as a second suspect.

Anyway my first reaction is to suspect Fernando of being sith. Although I will be easily swayed. The only thing that seems clear to me is that either stompy or fernando is a sith.

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:55 am

As I will be away from keyboard until Saturday night, I nominate christianmoura as my proxy. Whomever he votes for, he has my vote as well.

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:21 am

dougp wrote: Thinking about stompy and fernado's last votes. They accuse each other, with me as their second choice. Somehow this makes me think that one is sith, and one is not. Given that I am not, this would make talespinner sith. Of course noone else can take for granted that I am not sith, so this logic doesn't really work for anyone else. Also, naming a second suspect is essentially meaningless, a sith can easily name a sith as a second suspect.
... hmmm.. this is interesting... Doug states that Talespinner is a SITH, but votes on ME ??? What is the point man? Do you believe that me AND Talespinner are Siths?

I will tell you this, right now: Talespinner is the person I am least suspicious of being a wolf. So that puts YOU really high on my list.

Unvote Stompy
Vote Dougp

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:17 am

Vote dougp

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:07 am

Unvote Stompy
Vote dougp

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:29 am

The voting's very interesting at the moment. Out of the suspected Sith --
I've voted for Fernando.
TaleSpinner's voted for myself and dougp.
Fernando's voted for myself and dougp
dougp's voted for Fernando.

Judging by the current voting block it *appears* that there is a pairing between Fernando & Talespinner, and dougp & myself.

I'll be keeping my vote on Fernando.

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:47 am

Day 2 Vote Tally:

(3) dougp - Fernando(9), christianmoura(10), Talespinner(11)
(2) Fernando - Talespinner(3), Stompy(6), dougp(8)
(1) Stompy - jeff(4), Talespinner(5), Fernando(7)
(0) jeff - redturtle(1)
(0) redturtle - jeff(2)

redturtle picks up the blaster.

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:47 am

Fernando wrote:
dougp wrote: Thinking about stompy and fernado's last votes. They accuse each other, with me as their second choice. Somehow this makes me think that one is sith, and one is not. Given that I am not, this would make talespinner sith. Of course noone else can take for granted that I am not sith, so this logic doesn't really work for anyone else. Also, naming a second suspect is essentially meaningless, a sith can easily name a sith as a second suspect.
... hmmm.. this is interesting... Doug states that Talespinner is a SITH, but votes on ME ??? What is the point man? Do you believe that me AND Talespinner are Siths?

I will tell you this, right now: Talespinner is the person I am least suspicious of being a wolf. So that puts YOU really high on my list.

Unvote Stompy
Vote Dougp
Hey, I just said I thought Talespinner and you or stompy were sith. As a suggestion. Please tell me the flaws in my logic.

Look at it from my point of view. If talespinner is the least suspicious, and I know I am not a sith, why would you and stompy accuse each other unless you planned to change votes at the last minute? And surely changing votes at the last minute is highly suspicious.

I guess if you are not sith, you are approaching this from the point of view that I am probably sith, BUT I AM NOT SITH!!!!
Stompy wrote:
Judging by the current voting block it *appears* that there is a pairing between Fernando & Talespinner, and dougp & myself.
yes, but I may have just created these voting blocks by flawed logic.

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:01 pm

Right, unless anyone can point out what is wrong in my reasoning, I'm going to have to go with the vote that in my opinion gives me the most chance of saying "I told you so" when the game is over and it is shown that I am a Jedi, and Talespinner is a sith.

I should have done this before, given that I don't actually know if fernando or stompy are sith, I just think one of them is.

unvote Fernando
vote Talespinner

And if I'm wrong, it will be interesting to know why stompy and fernando accused each other, when (in the case that I am wrong) they are both sith.

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Fernando wrote:

Unvote Stompy
Vote Dougp
As I said, the vote for fernando was temporary. Really, I was looking for any other reason to vote for talespinner. Like advice from people who I know are not sith. I can see this was a mistake now.

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:46 pm

My intuition, the little pocket at the back my head that gnaws at my concience is saying this.

If the unwritten rule is kill talespinner night 1 and talespinner is not dead...

does talespinner have something to do with sith lords?

hmmmm
Get a grip!

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:49 pm

I think everyone has voted.

and while dougp is definitely on the suspicious side...

vote talespinner
Get a grip!

dougp

Post by dougp » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:24 pm

You guys are obviously having trouble with the fact that I say I think

a) one of fernando or stompy is sith
and b) talespinner is sith

and yet I chose to vote for fernando.

I think the reason for this was I thought that it was clear to everyone, even those without knowledge of whether or not I am a sith that either fernando or stompy is sith, but it is not clear to everyone who doesn't know that I am not sith if either talespinner or me are sith. I wanted to vote for talespinner but for some reason I didn't think others would go for that.

I should have either kept quiet, or voted for talespinner. Or both.

For what it's worth, I now suspect stompy more than fernando. Not that it matters, I know the identity of one sith.

So fernando, what in your mind makes talespinner the least suspicious?