Banish the Televangalist III - dougp wins!!

Play by Email games in progress.
christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:09 pm

dougp wrote:
How/why did you think I was Banjo Paterson?

BTW, I thought I'd choose someone from Australia Trivia (such as a TV personality, cartoon character, famous sportsperson) that I could not know about - given I didn't grow up in this country. I looked up Australian personalities in Wikipedia, and found that name - incidently I really don't know how well Banjo Paterson is known, or how famous he is.
For that reason. I didn't think someone who grew up here would choose Banjo Paterson. It just fit the sort of thing you would choose because noone would pin it on you.
lol - we'll played.

dougp

Post by dougp » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:47 pm

christianmoura wrote:
dougp wrote:
How/why did you think I was Banjo Paterson?

BTW, I thought I'd choose someone from Australia Trivia (such as a TV personality, cartoon character, famous sportsperson) that I could not know about - given I didn't grow up in this country. I looked up Australian personalities in Wikipedia, and found that name - incidently I really don't know how well Banjo Paterson is known, or how famous he is.
For that reason. I didn't think someone who grew up here would choose Banjo Paterson. It just fit the sort of thing you would choose because noone would pin it on you.
lol - we'll played.
Having said that, of the 6 players in the game, how many grew up here? If you'd chosen Donald Bradman, I probably would have guessed that was Stompy.