werewolf XII - Day 1 (ends midday Thurs)

Play by Email games in progress.
Stompy

werewolf XII - Day 1 (ends midday Thurs)

Post by Stompy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:12 pm

I've an idea for a game that would start fairly chaotic but progress quickly into deduction based.

The idea is that players don't know what roles they have initally, each night all players will PM all available options to me ie. everyone would submit a wolf kill, seer vision, sorcerer vision, bodyguard protect if available etc.

Only those actually with the roles would be successful with their appropiate order ie the Wolf would get their wolf kill, seer gets the seer vision etc.

I've decided to stack the deck with good roles as it may turn out harder to deduce who the wolves are.
Available Roles:

1 Seer: During the night, the seer looks at one player and the moderator tells them if that player is the Werewolf or not.

1 Sorcerer: The Sorcerer is on the werewolf team and wins if the werewolf wins. The sorcerer looks like a villager to the seer. During the night, the sorcerer looks at one player, and the moderator tells them if that player is the SEER or not.

1 Hunter/Bodyguard: The hunter is a villager with the following ability: If at the end of the game, the only 2 remaining players are the hunter and the werewolf, then the hunter kills the werewolf and the village wins. As a bodyguard you can nominate one player each night to be protected (including yourself). You cannot nominate the same player two nights in a row.

1 Priest - During the night a Priest may learn the Role of any player who is dead, and may share this information in public if he desires. This is a one time ability.

2 Werewolves: The game is over when The werewolf dies, or if only 1 werewolf and 1 other player remain.

1 Villager: Has no special ability apart from the general daily Vote.

Notes:
* The werewolf and sorcerer do NOT know each others identity. In fact Nobody knows anyones identity includung the wolves
* No PMing to each other.
* Roles are not revealed when someone is killed.
* The game starts with a Night phase where the Werewolf does not kill, but the Sorceror and the Seer both get a viewing.
* The player with the most number of votes gets lynched during the Day. In the case of a tie, the first player to reach the most number of votes is lynched.

Players:
Jeff
jttm80
annawid
christianmoura
redturtle
TaleSpinner
Fernando

Each night I will ask you to submit a PM along the lines of:
Wolf Kill: [player#]
Sorcerer Vision: [player#]
Seer Vision: [player#]
Bodyguard Protect: [player#]
Priest Vision(if you want to use your ability): [player#]
Last edited by Stompy on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:16 pm

that would be interesting...

You shouldn't have too many roles though. I think that was a problem with the past game.

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:27 pm

Sounds good. I'm in.

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:41 pm

Hoping that my internet will be on by Tuesday, I am in.
Back and ready to game

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:41 pm

So would we start on a night? I mean, if we don't know what the roles are on the first day, is there any point in discussing anything?

I'm in.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:16 pm

I was thinking of starting with N0 so everyone would put a seer (and sorcerer if it's included) order in.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:01 am

I was also thinking that I would keep the roles simple: 1 wolf, 1 seer, 1 sorcerer, 1 hunter, and the rest villagers.

To keep things interesting, your seer and sorcerer visions will come back as false positives if you are not the actual seer or sorcerer.

Example night orders:
Stompy - Wolf Kill(RedTurtle), Seer Vision(annawid), Sorcerer Vision(TaleSpinner)

a. If I was the wolf then RedTurtle would be killed that night. If I were not the wolf then *I* wouldn't be killing RedTurtle - the real wolf could still be killing RedTurtle though.
b. If I was the seer I would get a true indication of whether annawid was a wolf or not. If I was not the seer then I would get the opposite result.
c. Likewise for the Sorcerer, only the sorcerer vision reveals whether the target is the Seer or not.

This game might be a huge flop, but I would like to give it a go to see how things pan out anyway. :)

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Its always good to try out new things. This sounds very interesting.

Re: the seer and sorcerer false positives, so the real seer and sorcerer also would not know whether their view was real or not?
Back and ready to game

jeff

Post by jeff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:51 pm

very interesting. count me in

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:00 pm

OMG it sounds like total chaos.

Count me in!
Get a grip!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:32 pm

I'm always up for a game. Count me in!

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:18 pm

annawid wrote:Re: the seer and sorcerer false positives, so the real seer and sorcerer also would not know whether their view was real or not?
No, the real Seer and Sorcerer wouldn't know if they go a real result. It's something you would have to discuss with other villagers to find out!
For that matter, the real wolf also maynot know if they are really the Wolf. multiple people could PM a wolf kill for the same person.

Think of the game as amature hour - everyone's a budding Wolf, Seer and Sorcerer in training, but only one person for each actually has the right talent :lol:

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:22 pm

I'll wait till monday to see if Fernando wants in. Otherwise I'll start the game Monday also.

annawid

Post by annawid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:17 pm

Sounds good.
Back and ready to game

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:04 pm

Stompy wrote:I'll wait till monday to see if Fernando wants in. Otherwise I'll start the game Monday also.
Count me in!