Werewolf X - Villagers Win!

Play by Email games in progress.
TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:31 am

Man, this game was fun! This is the first time I've played a Wolf, so it seems that some refinements to my gameplay is in order! ;)

Thanks, bsmith for hosting. Are you sure you've never RPGed before? ;)

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:26 am

Sigh.

The last day was crap!
I was waiting for Stompy to accuse someone. Then I would've backed him...

Can't believe we lost.
:evil:

Oh well, nice kill by Stompy.
Nice going, villagers. Talespinner and I were so sure we had the game won.

Meh.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:38 am

Well played to the wolves also!
I really was *that* close to lynching Jeff!!
The mixed signals he was giving didn't help the analysis much :)

I thought Talespinner was trying to be analytical in his posts, while not saying anything actually helpful :lol:

My delay in not voting the final day was to see the opinion of the other villagers. I had an idea that the wolf would just go along with what the direction I would vote in.
The clincher was jttm80 NOT voting for anyone. :D

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:40 am

And thanks Ben for modding.

I do believe that a no-lynch would be better for the villagers most of the time.
But this game has made me believe that it's more *fun* to not allow that stance!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:06 pm

Stompy wrote:I thought Talespinner was trying to be analytical in his posts, while not saying anything actually helpful :lol:
True. It was hard thinking up crap to analyse when I already knew that I was the Wolf! ;) Still, it got easier over time...
Stompy wrote:My delay in not voting the final day was to see the opinion of the other villagers. I had an idea that the wolf would just go along with what the direction I would vote in.
The clincher was jttm80 NOT voting for anyone. :D
I was getting worried in Day 2. With no posts going on, it was obvious that Stompy was either waiting for something, or he's already convinced that jeff was the Wolf. I chose to believe the latter. Several times, I clicked the Reply Post button, formulated what I wanted to say, only to close the browser without hitting Submit because I thought that saying too much would only bury myself. Why rock the boat if it's going your way, eh?

I should have acted more like a concerned Villager in Day 2. As a concerned Villager, I'd be convinced that Fernando was a Wolf, and I'd be trying to convince Stompy to lynch Fernando - the confirmed Wolf in my view. Perhaps something along the lines of "clever move by Fernando linking his Vote to Stompy because it effectively made him less suspect, giving the Wolves a 2/3 chance to win from the remaining lynch suspects". At worst case, Stompy would refuse to believe me, but it'll incriminate jeff because I was effectively saving jeff from lynching.

Ah well, could have, should have, would have, eh? :)

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Woo Hoo, go villagers!

Thanks Ben for modding! Great JOB!!

So post game analysis.
I agree with the no edit on posts except for typo's etc. A couple of times I have posted stuff and then edited it a couple of hours later after I have thought about what I said.
This is not diplomacy and nor should it be. To me werewolf is a party game and thus has a low rules enforcement level. All I can say to that is be honest, no cheating and have fun.

So, did me flinging accusations around boldly on D1 help, hinder or just white noise?

Well, I think it helps cause this is a game of talking and if everyone posts D1 no - lynch then what have you got to go on?
Hinders?, seems to do that as well cause as soon as you start to make accusations on D1 everyone thinks you are a wolf. THat is definitely not helpful. But I think that is a factor of the culture we have got as werewolf players. If we had a different culture then maybe that would not be a hinderance.
Ok what about the statistics. I agree the statistics say a no-lynch is a good thing. My only comment is statistics only tell half the story. If you agree that you need people to say stuff to incriminate themselves then the statistics need to take that into account and at this point in time we cant do that.

It would be an interesting experiment to play a game where all you could say was "vote xxxx".

Well in the end I have actually realised that I dont play werewolf to win.
I play to have fun. Did, I have fun this game?
Hell Yes.
IT WAS A GREAT GAME.

thanks all!
Get a grip!

annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:37 pm

The usual rule about editing of posts is you can only edit a post up to 2 minutes after your original post. That is why we have the preview button. Also no editing of VOTE posts or your vote will not be counted.
Back and ready to game